PDA

View Full Version : HD movie on DVD?

seedo
02-16-2007, 04:25 PM
hello:

i'v beed making this tv add for a year now weekly, its just many images and motion graphics, i use to output it from combustion as pal D1 (720x576) i record it on a mini DV tape, and send it to the TV channel.
my question is:

is it ok to render my work as HD (1280x720)30p and then record it on DVD, do u think it will work?

thank u

PiXeL_MoNKeY
02-16-2007, 04:36 PM
If you mean a video DVD, then it would have to be an HD DVD or Blu-ray. Otherwise it will need to be a data DVD with the file in a format that can be read by the tv station. Standard DVD resolution is DV/D1 res.

-Eric

seedo
02-17-2007, 07:36 PM
thank u:

but there is a new question that come to me, blu ray DVD will it work on any dvd player?

and is it real that i can output my HD movie on a mini DV tape?

thank u

PiXeL_MoNKeY
02-19-2007, 03:58 PM
All HD formats require special recorders and players. Blu-ray and HD DVD will require new hardware/software to encode/burn/playback. If you record HD to DV it will be down-resed to DV. This would just be a waste of time in my opinion.

-Eric

seedo
02-19-2007, 06:42 PM
u r right:

what is cool in the HD movies is the colors, really so rich and buetifull, the dv movies they even have lak of contrast, do u know a good way to fix DV movie colores?

well i conves my manager to get HD camera. so i hope things look better
btw did u try blackmagic multibridge pro?
thank u

thatoneguy
02-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Pixel Monkey you overlooked one bit:

HDV.

You can output your deliverable to HDV and put it onto a standard DV tape.

seedo
03-02-2007, 09:00 AM
hello:

guys am confused, what HD is better, i c many of them

24 fps
50 fps
60 fps

is it more frames that mean more quality?

thank u

PiXeL_MoNKeY
03-03-2007, 01:29 AM
The higher the frame rate the smoother the playback typically is. On that note feature films are made at 24 fps, 50 fps is usually PAL interlaced, and 60 fps is usually NTSC interlaced. What framerate you use is going to depend on the type of display it will be played back on, and the format the deliverable is in.

-Eric

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2007, 01:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.