PDA

View Full Version : Saving HDR Images

Dave3D
02-16-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm using Vue to create Sky boxes but i need them to be High Dynamic Range, Vue's spectral render engine is great being able to adjust the exposure but when saving out to a HDR image the exposures data is not saved too I've tried all the options and image formats.

I have been saving out each exposure and then using HDRI Shop to generate the HDR image, it works but results haven't been as quite as nice as the ones in Vue(banding and color differences).

Is there anyway to get Vue to export a Full HDR image with all the exposure data straight out of the render engine??? If not will is this something that is going to be a feature that is planned for the future.

thanks Dave

macoy
02-16-2007, 02:39 PM
I installed the 289182 update, and it seems to work. I can output hdr format and it works fine in AE 7 with 32bit project setting and I can use the exposure filter to adjust the the exposure and gamma expectedly. Hope this helps.

Vernimator
02-17-2007, 12:47 AM
Hi Dave,

I have been experimenting with Vue to create HDR files for use with VRay and here is what I have discovered thus far.

1. Creating a Panoramic view in Vue 6 xStream/Infinite is single threaded. Damn, I have a AMD Dual Core 4800.

2. If I use Vue's Hypervue or Standalone renderer and have it save a HDR file when it's done it might as well be a jpg image since it's flatter then a pancake, no Dynamic Range at all. So much for my 3 Dual Core 4600's I have as render nodes.

3. If I use the Internal renderer and render to screen then save the image as an HDR then it finally works properly. When I load it into Photoshop CS2 it gives me a dialoge saying "Reading Radiance Format" and when I adjust the exposure you get what you would expect. When I load the image into HDR Shop you get color values well above 1.0 around the Sun and clouds near the sun as expected. Also stepping up or down on the exposer shows what you would expect.

Still experimenting with options..

Vern

Dave3D
02-27-2007, 12:32 PM
hmm I'm still not getting it to work with 289182, but i found my old way worked fine by just saving smaller increments on the exposure, starting at -2 to +2 with steps of 0.1 gave me some very nice results

:)

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2007, 12:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.