PDA

View Full Version : Light Exclusive/Inclusive Issues

mocaw
02-16-2007, 02:02 AM
Has anyone any experience with NOT being able to use the Exclusive/Inclusive light feature for any reason. I have a scene that is refusing to adhere to any exclusive/inclusive models and can't figure out what is wrong. Every test I've ran outside the scene the function works as to be expected.

The only exceptional parts of this scene are volumetric lights, and "large" tangent space normal maps and the use of instances.

Any issues you've had and can share would be greatly appreciated.

bt3d
02-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Some shader like for example the mia shader seem to overide the light include/exclude settings. Do you use such a special shader?

mocaw
02-20-2007, 11:06 PM
The problem is the ts2_Illumination shader. Oh man...and it doesn't seem to respond to the default matte passes either what a PAIN.

Any suggestions for the quickest work around? I guess I'll have to create different solid mat passes for each group of objects...ugh...

EDIT- Figured it out- just need to place a constant shader override on the BG objects for each pass and it will all work as normal...

bravmm
02-21-2007, 08:07 PM
The TS2 shader has some issues with the include/exclude option as you discovered, as the MIA shader as it seems. There seems to be an update in the making for the TS2, unfortuanetly there's no ETA yet.

rob

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2007, 08:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.