PDA

View Full Version : Problem with palette knife rotation

delunchen
02-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Hi to experts here.
Currently i have this problem with palette knife.
By right, the brush dab should always be parallel to the stylus's tilt. But it seems like it doesnt respond to the stylus's tilt. I managed to solve it by "bearing" in the angle option in brush creator and it works in whichever way i tilt it.

But when i rotate the canvas using the alt+spacebar feature, the orientation of the tilt doesnt follow the way it should behave. It follow the bearing of the canvas instead of the stylus.

It kind of behave as if i tilt the monitor instead.

I remember lunatique had this problem and solved it by uninstalling and reinstalling.
I tried that too but it doesnt work. Currently using Painter X.
My painter 9 is working properly and have the exact brush setting, except that the "Expression" selection in angle option is grey out, while the one in painter X allows me to change.

Used to have the same problem with painter 9 but, for some reason it solved on its own.
Now the same problem with Painter X and i dont know how to deal with it. The f1 help topic doesnt help much.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

pd
10-05-2007, 08:54 PM
I have a similar problem with X.1.
The stroke direction is always downwards, while the canvas is rotated. The above row of four pictures shows, what's happening in Painter. The bottom row is how it's supposed to look. Anything else doesn't make sense, since the tool in my hand is not fixed to the canvas in some way.

http://www.optisch-edel.de/junk/scratchboard.jpg

delunchen
10-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Apparently, nobody seems to know the way to deal with it.
I am using painter 9 right now and sticking with it, at least my palette knife works properly.

CGTalk Moderation
10-09-2007, 12:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.