PDA

View Full Version : HARDCORE MODELING: Ray Harryhausen Tribute: Diorama

lucycat
02-15-2007, 06:04 AM
Hi everyone,

I have decided to join in on the challenge. I am going to model a diorama based on a scene from "The Golden Voyage of Sinbad". It is the cave in which Sinbad fights Kali.

lucycat
02-15-2007, 08:21 PM
I should have some WIP real soon.

lucycat
02-16-2007, 02:15 AM
Here is what I have modeled so far. I still have a few things that need to be added before I start texturing.

Rod Seffen
02-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Are you going to add in characters, or just model the set?

lucycat
02-18-2007, 06:19 AM
Right now I am concentrating more on the set, but I am modeling Kali and hopefully I will have enough time to finish and add her to the set.

lucycat
02-21-2007, 04:57 AM
I have modeled a few more props and have textured the set. I have also added a few lights. Hopefully I will have time to finish Kali and add her to the set.

Cameo
02-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Fair start LucyCat. The shaders all look very similar right now, make sure that you adjust them based on the material properties of the objects you are trying to simulate. Shadows will help breathe some life into the scene, also are the torches actually contributing any light? Maybe its just my eyes but I cant see any spill onto surrounding objects. Perhaps if you can attach a pic of the reference you are working to we can help you further, but I would certainly have the torches having a much greater impact on the lighting of the scene.

lucycat
02-27-2007, 05:46 AM
I have attached a reference photo of the scene I am doing. I have also added some more lights to the scene. Also, thanks for the feedback Cameo, It's my first time doing the challenge on cg talk and getting feedback helps. The texture on Kali is a rock texture that I got from the hypershade in maya since I will not have enough time to unwrap the uv's. I will post more WIP tomorrow.

lucycat
02-28-2007, 06:29 AM
Here are some more picture of what the cavern looks like from a far shot.

CGTalk Moderation
02-28-2007, 06:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.