PDA

View Full Version : Creating Mesh using MEL?

lucifernicus
02-15-2007, 06:37 AM
Hi, I'm currently studying MEL and trying to create a mesh (polygon object) using mel without the use of
primitives... I've tried openning Maya Ascii file as a reference yet I can't seem to make it run using the script editor...
Has anyone tried it? Suggestions are welcome.
Thanks... :)

H3ro
02-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Maybe yoy should look at the creatPolygone tool in maya (I think its what its called) and than try to tell it with MEL where you want the vertexes. You might have to create several polygons using this tool, and than combine them.

Good luck :)

Robert Bateman
02-15-2007, 02:36 PM
polyCreateFacet and polyUnite should do it for you. Make sure you disable the undo queue whilst doing this though, otherwise you'll make maya grind to a halt. (see the undoInfo mel command)

lucifernicus
02-23-2007, 01:42 PM
Finally, i made it work...thanks guys. very helpful:) it's a hell of a script thou, coz i have to create every faces, every vert coordinates, tell maya which verts to merge to creat a model... i guess, i'm gonna stick with this one since this is the only script i got. Thanks again guys :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2007, 01:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.