PDA

View Full Version : Futuristic Alcatraz

christian108
02-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Hello here is my latest matte painting. Next i will project and composite it. Critique and comments are appreciated. The matte is loosely based on Alcatraz with a futuristic setting background. The purpose is to add a projected matte painting to my reel as well as how to make realistic animated water.

http://www.matteartist.com/LoRez07.jpg

thank you kindly

christian

JJASSO
02-15-2007, 05:46 AM
Hi , nice idea and concept, I just see some issues here, I think some of the tallest background bskyscrapers are not ok talking about scale, and some other are missing the correct sun's shadow

I think the water still need a lot of work, not all water is reflective at that angle, see real photo reference for the accurate color and reflection, I think the ripple patter of water is too CG too repetitive, think about some boats or flying birds to give a dynamic feel to this image
looking forward to see the final animated secuence

soulspline
02-15-2007, 07:49 AM
great work, though i agree with the water thing... but i think you can fix that ::

Miss Julie
03-02-2007, 05:27 PM
I agree about the water - and no reflections! Add them in. Love the foreground elements. The background items don't look like they are proportionally correct. But I think foreground water is the most important to fix at this point. Post it when it's done cuz I wanna see the progress since I've got to see the beginnings in our meetings with Vince.

:)

byvfx
03-03-2007, 12:30 AM
i like the concept of this.. though the buildings you added in the back dont sit with me very well.. not suire what it is excatly. could be that you can see the windows on them, so the scale might off.. in anycase good job so far!!

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2007, 12:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.