PDA

View Full Version : Question about Painter X manual.

Xevious
02-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have an older copy of Painter and I am planning on upgrading to Painter X fairly soon.

Now I work for a school so I do qualify for the educational version of Painter. The problem is: Someone told me that the educational version does not include a paper manual (unlike the regular version of the software); Supposely its a PDF file.

I'm not fond of printing out an entire PDF file so I was wondering if someone could confirm this.

mchurgin
02-14-2007, 07:35 PM
I confirmed this with Corel on Tuesday:

Education Edition includes everything (i.e. extra brushes, papers etc) except for printed manual.

Xevious
02-15-2007, 12:44 AM
I confirmed this with Corel on Tuesday:

Education Edition includes everything (i.e. extra brushes, papers etc) except for printed manual.

Thats too bad...Thanks for confirming this. I appreciate it.

Per-Anders
02-15-2007, 03:04 AM
Try using the HTML/PDF manuals on the computer rather than printing them out, I actually find it much nicer than a printed manual, mostly because it's much quicker to search and keeps the index/chapters open at all times, and of course it's easy to handle. Most of my old manuals just gather dust on shelves anyway.

Xevious
02-15-2007, 05:13 AM
Try using the HTML/PDF manuals on the computer rather than printing them out, I actually find it much nicer than a printed manual, mostly because it's much quicker to search and keeps the index/chapters open at all times, and of course it's easy to handle. Most of my old manuals just gather dust on shelves anyway.

I dont know. I made a lot of use with my old Painter manual. I kept refering to it all the time. Everyone is different though.

Philippec
02-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Try using the HTML/PDF manuals on the computer rather than printing them out, I actually find it much nicer than a printed manual, mostly because it's much quicker to search and keeps the index/chapters open at all times, and of course it's easy to handle.

On Windows, Painter has used the Windows Help interface for some time. But on the Mac, it was browser-based (with a custom Java applet)

In Painter X, the Mac help system is based on Apple Help, which I think is a great improvement. It looks better (the content is still top-notch) and it makes for a consistent user experience.

CGTalk Moderation
02-15-2007, 02:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.