PDA

View Full Version : XSI, WinXP, and Radeon ?

Tellerve
03-28-2002, 09:58 AM
First off let me ask if anyone has tried or is running a Radeon 8500 with XSI and WinXP? What were the results?

Secondly, I have a Radeon 7200 and in WinXP with XSI all the places where you move sliders or input numbers are greyed out which makes it difficult and a bit annoying to read. While you can still see the numbers and such it is obviously not right and I haven't been able to fix it yet. I'd really like to keep XP as I like it better than win2k but I might have to bite the bullet and go back to Win2k.

thanks,

Tellerve

EdHarriss
03-28-2002, 08:21 PM
I have never used a Radeon card but I have seen problems like yours with a few of the older GeForce cards. The solution was to un-install any additional language packs.

I looked at the "certified graphics cards" list at Softimage and it seems like they do not support Radeon cards any more. But they listed an older driver from a previous certification. (Driver # 5.0.3035) Perhaps if you try that one, it might fix your problem.

Tellerve
03-29-2002, 12:04 PM
Languages packs? Language packs in XSI or in Windows?

Hmm, that is a pretty darn old driver I think. I'll look into it though, if that language pack thing doesn't work.

thanks,

Tellerve

wlau
03-29-2002, 12:41 PM
The issue you are experiencing is not just with XSI. The greying out of those numerical input areas is a problem caused by the installation of foreign languages installed on your XP system.

Remove any languages you have (except English) and it will be fine.

Hope that helps,

Wayne

macoy
04-02-2002, 05:06 PM
uninstalling lauguage packs works, but is there any other solution? I definitely need the lauguage packs.

raffael3d
04-02-2002, 05:22 PM
I used XSI with Radeo 7500 and it was terrible!!! It's not possible to work and the interface is jumping around. I asked the support and their answer was that XSI is not compatible to this card...stay away from it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.