PDA

View Full Version : Light Visibility

abeq
02-14-2007, 04:19 PM
I have a light which i have set up as an area light with the "visible in render" option tured on.
My problem is that i don't want the refection of this object on my surface but still illuminate the scene.

How can i remove this light object from the surface reflection, but still visible and lighting the scene. I've tried all the object visibilty option and nothing works.
I'm guess waht i want has to be done with the render tree but i'm not sure where to look.

terencemace
02-14-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm not at my XSI computer right now, but I THINK you go to the light's visibilty options and un-select the reflections button. (as in "Cast Reflections")

I may be totally making that up, but I remember it being something like that.

good luck

T

CiaranM
02-14-2007, 04:53 PM
If the render visibility flags do not work for the light, then use an abject to act as a proxy visible light.
Turn of the area light visibility, create a sphere (or whatever shape you wish), with an area the same as your light. Give it a constant white colour and constrain it to the position of your light. You'll need to disable all shadow casting for this object so that your light can illuminate from within it.

abeq
02-15-2007, 03:50 AM
thanks for the tips...i'm going to try your way CiaranM.

CGTalk Moderation
02-15-2007, 03:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.