PDA

View Full Version : Object Replacement Sequence?

Triple G
02-26-2003, 09:07 PM
Question for anyone on a Mac out there: Am I the only one who doesn't have the option of doing an object replacement sequence in Layout? I go to Object Properties->Geometry->Object Replacement, and in the pull-down the only options I have are:

(none)
LScript
LScript/RT
Level-Of-Detail Object Replacement

That's it....no Object Sequence. Am I missing something? I tried reloading all my plugins, but no dice. Is this an Intel-only plug or something?

Triple G
02-26-2003, 10:13 PM
Ok, I think the folks at Newtek made a pretty big oversight here. I just searched the Lightwave Install disc, and the files "ObjRep.p" and "ObjList.p" were not included for OS X. They are there for OS9, but they won't work with OSX since they're plugins, not LScripts.

If anyone from Newtek is reading this, how 'bout it? Could we OSX users download these plugins from somewhere? I checked the downloads page at www.lightwave3d.com, but I didn't see anything regarding these plugs.

scotttygett
02-27-2003, 07:55 AM
Object Replacce Sequence and Object List are two functions where you, the lucky user, get to type up text files to operate those functions. I've done both, and they're handy for getting a Georges Pal Puppettoony feel. I don't know what other uses they have.

Unless I misunderstand you and there is a plug-in automatng them.

Triple G
02-27-2003, 05:53 PM
I think you misunderstood....the two plugins (ObjRep.p and ObjList.p) are supposed to come standard with Lightwave, and apparently Newtek has neglected to include them with the OSX installer.

paul k.
02-27-2003, 06:05 PM
Hey Triple G,
I use LW on a G4 at home as well as PC at work and at the studio we have used object replace via the list you have to type up. However since the replacement is based on that list I wouldn't doubt that it is not enabled on the Mac. New Tek has said that not all of the plugins are ported to OSX. That I know. However What really urks me is New Tek Flat out lies when they say that they have total equality on OS9. Things like being able to choose a compressor when saving out a preview do not exist on a mac., and some of the plugins that work on a PC simply don't on a mac like clone hierarchy, as well as object replace lists. I usually try to stay away from bashing New Tek but this is yet another reason that I am fustrated with them at the moment.:thumbsdow

Triple G
02-27-2003, 06:15 PM
I hear ya, Paul. Just another line in the "con" category for using a Mac for 3D...:annoyed:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.