PDA

View Full Version : Scaling an extrude along a curve PROPERLY!?? Help!

gizmo1990
02-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Please please please could someone help me out with this as its driving me mad! :scream:

I used to be able to select polygons then right click and do an 'extrude along curve' and select a curve. Then I'd be able to simply press 'X' and scale the resulting extrusion around each individual sub-division. ie if I wanted to make a snake say a little thicker I'd simply scale it and it would be thicker along its entire length.

Can I do t his now though? No I most certainly can't! Whe I scale now I just end up scaling the one selected face!?

Please could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

NRG-Alpha
02-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Gizmo, I hope I am understanding you properly. When you select a polygon and extrude along curve and select the desired curve, a PPG comes up with all the needed functionality.

Within the PPG, there should be a slider called 'inset amount'. The larger this number, the more scaled, or rather 'tapered' the exrusion set becomes. This results in a nice clean 'ramping up or down' of subdivisions, making for nice tails on an animal for example (the slide initially only goes up to 1, but you can manually type in a number greater than this).

Is this what you are looking for? As I said, I may not be understanding this situation properly. But from what I can gather, this is what you are looking for?

Cheers,

NRG

*Edit - I suppose this entirely depends on what exactly you have your 'x' key mapped to. If you want to make an entire extrude say thicker, you can simply select all the polygons on your extrude and apply a deform>push operator. Also, don't forget that in the extrude along curve PPG, there is a 'Transform' tab that has 'scale' sliders that enable you to perform scaling to all subdivisions in any or all axis.

CGTalk Moderation
02-14-2007, 05:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.