PDA

View Full Version : Vue 6 xStream Render Question...

JakeJohnson
02-14-2007, 06:34 AM
My studio recently purchased Vue 6 for creating our skydomes in our game. I can render very nice pans and stuff...but I was wondering if anyone knew a way to render a Hemispherical sky with the program. I tried rendering a spherical top view, but its not really working the way I've seen Hemisphere skies in the past. Can Vue 6 xStream render Hemispherical skies? Any tips would be great! Thanks!

IvanB
02-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Hi,

I could be wrong in understanding what you want, but check this video and see if it helps, it was done in vue 5, but is pretty much the same in 6.

http://www.esnips.com/doc/7ce2f04d-ed27-4960-a198-564aa99ff399/LW_Vue_7_Sky

kypo9
02-14-2007, 09:35 AM
hello,

when i was exporting my sky boxes yesterday i didn't see any thing apart ftom the 4 standard formats (listed in the reference manual pdf page 150). i would just run them through hdri shop or a similar program and convert them that way.

JakeJohnson
02-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah thanks for the help...I figured I might have to use an outside piece of software to touch up the final for what I want. That kind of stinks though, I think E-on should add an option like that to the render options. I would think all one would need to do is point the camera straight up and render a pan and spherical of that. It almost works too, but instead of a sphere you get a rounded off cube. If I find a way that works great, I'll post. Thanks again!

Mike.H
02-15-2007, 09:55 AM
have you tried the sky export options in the file menu.

CGTalk Moderation
02-15-2007, 09:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.