PDA

View Full Version : Tank Tread issues (Path Deform)

UnderAttak
02-14-2007, 06:16 AM
I have my treads designed and lined up after being attatched to one another, no problem. I also created the path that I want the tread to follow.

But after applying path deform WSM and trying to get it to stretch right and etc, the treads will begin to warp/stretch at the curves of the path. the straight parts are just fine. I've tried it adding plenty of treads and I've also tried it at keeping the treads as little as possible, still the same effect.

Any help is appreciated.

Mayan-Seraph
02-21-2007, 12:17 AM
I may have solved the tanktread issue afterall. Forget about the path deformers. Try creating a joint chain of tanktread elements, then assign these to an IK spline. This will assure all elements stay together as if there is a hinge between them aswell as on your spline. The only difficulty is making sure your path retains the same curve length if you intend to deform it during animation. You don't have this problem if you just allow your treads to behave like a rubber band and accept the warping effects of deformation.

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2007, 12:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.