PDA

View Full Version : Who's demo reel was that...

mordecaidesign
02-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Hey. I hate double posting on forums (mattepainting and cgtalk) but gotta get this question...it is buggin the crap outta me.

There's a student demo reel somewhere out there on the interweb... I only remmember one sequence but it's the best sequence of the demo reel. (I think I saw it here or got linked to it here.)

We pan across a castle at sunset and in the left of the frame is a tree with falling leaves. Pretty standard right? A 2.5d shot that you see in SO many reels. But then it hits me like a sledgehammer to my brain. The sequence cuts to a shot of an elf looking character who walks up and the reflection of the scenery is in his eyes. This shot is colorcorrected better than almost any student reel I've seen.

I've been looking for it for about 2 hours. I want to give that student a big pat on the back and let them know how inspiration that shot has been. I never thought a "we're looking over the characters shoulder" shot could look that good.

Anyone know or is it yours?

mordecaidesign
02-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Riktor found it.

It was davidluong (http://davidluong.net/subpages/compositing.html)

CGTalk Moderation
02-13-2007, 11:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.