PDA

View Full Version : Motion Blur instanced objects.

mustan9
02-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Hi,

I have a butterfly geometry object that is reading it's animation from a point cache. The point cache sample rate is set to 0.2.

I instance this with PFlow, but can't get MentalRay to render the particles with object motion blur. I turn on object motion blur on all the PFlow events.

Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

mustan9
02-13-2007, 09:15 PM
oh. I was wrong.

The particles do have motion blur, but don't seem to include the animation of the instanced object. Just the direction of the particle. The animated mesh of the wings flapping don't blur?

supremepizza
02-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Hi,

I'm going to be running some birds through PFlow in the next couple of weeks and am hoping that if you go into the instanced objects properties you can set the origional object to blur. Try that and see what kind of results you get and let me know if it works. In other words choose your origional butterfly, rt-click and open it's properties and set it to blur. Hopefully then it will blur when instanced. Hope it works. Let me know too.:scream:

Bill

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2007, 08:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.