PDA

View Full Version : Dominance War II: Alan Noon

anoon
02-13-2007, 06:09 AM
I hoist my flag for the Ancients.

bcloward
02-14-2007, 05:55 AM
Cool! Can't wait to see what you've got, Alan!

anoon
02-14-2007, 03:23 PM
I knew I wanted to create a female character, and I had a pretty good idea as to what kind of pose I ultimately wanted, so I started by concepting in 3D. I created a very simple and generic human figure which I quickly roughed out into feminine proportions in 3dsmax. I did a fast weighting using Skin on a Biped. I then posed the character and took screen grabs. These grabs then went into Photoshop and served as the base image for my concept sketch.

Concepts attached below.

nizzi
02-15-2007, 05:26 AM
I think there a lot of cool ideas here. I like the black clothing version better than the white.

XeroWolf
02-15-2007, 06:03 AM
I agree with nizzi, it's more fitting for a "Shadow" I think. That's an interesting way you've done the concept I might try that some time. You idea looks solid and I could see it shaping into a really great model. I'll be looking forward to your updates and the best of luck to you.

jbrophy
02-15-2007, 06:26 AM
Oh my, the heavy hitters are coming out of the woodwork. Can't wait to see where this goes. Say Hi to Mr. Perry for me, tell him he will never escape!

Quickel
02-16-2007, 06:41 PM
cool stuff, mr. noon....i will keep my eye on you...

anoon
02-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the bumpage guys. I'll try to not disappoint!

How about some background:

Sightless, silent, and without mercy, the shadow Ruya walks the universe seeking the enemies of her ancient brothers and sisters.

With her four arms arms she wields cruel, black blades; each serrated and barbed to flay and rend her hapless foes.

Behind her floats the Wheel of Destruction, a mysterious, sentient relic from ages long past. The wheel accompanies Ruya at all times, serving as her eyepiece to the world.

Set in the wheel are the four visions of torment: Agony, Blight, Immolation, and Terror. The visions are massive living eyes, each with a unique gaze possessing fearsome power. As Terror’s dark gaze falls on a target, the victim is paralyzed with crushing fear and despair. The glare of Agony strikes with excruciating pain. The foul stare of Blight rots its foe with disease and decay. When Immolation looks down, an impure fire consumes the unfortunate soul.

ChrRambow
02-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Wonderful concept ... it seems that she got an elegance while fighting like
she is dancing thru his enemys.

I am really interested in watching your progress.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

HundredMonkeys
02-20-2007, 02:57 AM
Cool concept!

Can't wait to see the model.

CGTalk Moderation
02-20-2007, 02:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.