PDA

View Full Version : Dominance War II: maje3d

maje3d
02-13-2007, 03:00 AM
so, yeah I know it's already a week into it and I'm still working on some planning for my creature/character.

Right now, I'm getting all kinds of ideas I want to work with for this ancient and I'm trying to use the Ancients description from the Dominance War II site. What I am ultimately going for is a creature that seems like a giant, yet tempered with wisdom, an overseer of the young and innocent that has been awoken by fighting of the more foolish and violent 'children' races.

I want to convey that these ancients truly are alien, yet still have some of the traits that all species can identify with.

As for the shadow aspect, I really want to have these guys be able to blend in with their environment because they share some traits and may even have their technology integrated with them somehow.

I'll be sure to post up some more stuff later on, anyways, here's two quick head sketches.

http://www.maje3d.com/ancient_concept01.jpg

Quickel
02-14-2007, 03:20 AM
this concept looks like it'll be really fun to take into zbrush or mudbox - looking forward to how you progress.

maje3d
02-17-2007, 04:37 PM
here's a slight update of the concept. I'm still playing around with a few ideas. Will post later.

http://www.maje3d.com/ancient_concept02.jpg

*EDIT* color scheme added

SkyePhelps
02-17-2007, 04:45 PM
I like the way your concept is headed, especially with the blending of the enviroment. How do you think you are going to pull that camelion look off, and what weapons, if any do you think he'll weild.

maje3d
02-17-2007, 05:30 PM
hey thanks, Skye. I just hope I'm able to get my stuff together so I can start modeling soon.

I've got a feeling that conceptual design will take the longest to figure out because it's one of the skills I have to improve upon, especially with armor designs and the like. There have been some really great designs put out on the boards, so it becomes even more difficult to come up with something that's not a copy.

jdheeter
02-27-2007, 02:20 AM
nice concept, I will be watching :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2007, 02:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.