PDA

View Full Version : Carrara Studio

Lonewolf
03-28-2002, 06:27 AM
Anyone here used this software or know someone who has? I started out modeling with Ray Dream Studio 5 a little more than 3 years ago and apparently i can upgrade to Carrara Studio 1.1 for 135 dollars (full program retails at 400) but I wanted to get a few opinions first.

dadis3d
04-20-2002, 07:54 PM
Cararra Studio is a very nice low priced 3d app. All things considered for the money you get a lot of functionality. The 1.1 versions are relatively stable on both windows and mac platforms.
There are numerous effects etc that one can play around with that makes it fun for hobbyist and serious work can be produced as well. It renders fairly fast and and has a nice look. Look at the rederosity.com as there are a lot of people over there who use and like the program. It does not have much in any help with ca although there is talk that version two may have some kind of bones implemented. There is a spline modeler and a vertex modeler. I like the vertex modeler ...you can do some decent low poly count stuff with it. The spline modeler has some strong points but it is based more on raydream...you may prefer that .
My version of the studio came with amapi5 which as a throw in was nice. I hated Amapi for years -tried demos etc....but recently I sat down and put some effort into learning some of the tools and found that once you get past the interface...and learn the tools ..you can actually do some cool stuff very quickly.
Hopes this helps.

elfufu
05-05-2002, 07:56 PM
if yu want to see carreras posibilities just look at http://www.rustboy.com , although he doing it with infini-D i heard that they are the same exact features passed on to a different app. made by the same company...... hope this helps.

i remember raydream.....with the underwater seahorse, lol the good ol' days

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.