PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in helping me out?

THyRoID
02-12-2007, 03:22 PM
software: 3d max

I have a centaurish character and have been trying to build a working rig for it. I'd love to animate it but I can't figure out how to rig something from scratch. I've looked everywhere for some tutorials and documents but most just cover the biped and basics which just isnt enough... so after endless trial and error sessions, loads of stress and a few freak outs I'm breaking down and asking for someone to help me out. I've got to get my reel done and I'm running out of time so I'm at the point of abandoning animating it, which is killing me. So if anyone could be kind and point me to an advanced tutorial or documentation (I'm broke and looking for work so it has to be free :( ) or even help me out with it I'd much appreciate it. It's game art btw so its nothing crazy or high poly.

Thanks!

Pascaru
02-19-2007, 04:19 PM
what's the character like? please post wireframe. thanks

THyRoID
02-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Here's the wire for the character. So far I've built a skeleton from scratch and also tried two bipeds but neither work but if they can help let me know...

Thanks for taking the time to look! :)

Edit: Added face closeups.

virtualmesh
02-24-2007, 12:34 PM
why not go through the rigging section on the training manual CD that comes with 3dsmax?
that has a decent rigging introduction and it uses a similar character to yours.

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2007, 12:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.