PDA

View Full Version : please help with this...

lukx
02-12-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm a bit tired of working on this one. Problem is that I need white background and I don't know what to do to make the girl look more real.(don't look at jeans i didn't even start working on them).
http://aycu02.webshots.com/image/7761/2000470711108784110_rs.jpg

Rebeccak
02-12-2007, 01:28 PM
lukx,

You might try temporarily working against a darker bkgrd, then at the end removing it - if you've not painted all in one layer, perhaps you can just darken the bkgrd layer, or if you have painted in one layer, just select the white area and invert the selection and copy / paste to a new layer - the main thing I think is to perhaps work out the pose a bit more loosely at first - perhaps create a layer on top of what you have and redraw the legs / lower half of the body. I would suggest removing the guitar / amp temporarily and just focusing on the body. It will be much easier to see and work on without these elements.

Cheers :)

lukx
02-12-2007, 02:09 PM
thank you Rebecca for fast reply :). The pose have to stay as it is but can you see any problematic places when it goes for shadows or color?

Rebeccak
02-12-2007, 02:14 PM
So far I think you are on the right track here - the reflected light on the bottom of her right lower arm looks a bit bright at the moment so you may wish to tone that down some - generally speaking I would make the shadows in the jeans more a slightly saturated dark blue vs. using black for shadows - even if the pose remains the same, I might still recommend painting this in a slightly looser style at first and gradually refinining it. It seems that you might better be able to find the position of the legs this way.

Hope this helps!

CGTalk Moderation
02-12-2007, 02:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.