PDA

View Full Version : Timeline Duration Question

arutha
02-12-2007, 03:52 AM
Hello, I'm just starting to use combustion3. When I made a new workspace I the duration for 3 sec. Now I want it for 15 sec. How do I change it in the timeline, I don't wanna make a new workspace.

Thx

thatoneguy
02-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Click on the Composite Layer.

Go to the "Composite Controls" or something like that (I'm rendering right now so I can't look)
Then in the main composite tab there is a "Duration" setting. Click and drag.

Kzoiks
03-25-2007, 11:37 AM
I found this a little weird at first too. And with longer movies I got maxed out at 30secs. I'm wondering how to do it with larger clips. If I wanted to edit a clip of about 10mins or even longer, is it better to cut it up in several scenes? How do they do this in real productions, movies etc?

I guess I'm used to adobe premiere where you can zoom in and out easily to certain parts and edit as precise you want it. Is it possible to move the current workspace/timeline up or down in time? IE. moving a 30secs editing window from 0:00-0:30 to 0:30-1:00? I'm sure it is, I just haven't figured out how. :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-25-2007, 11:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.