the range of applications to choose from, it doesn't has to be
a high end application but I am looking for some pretty basic
features like blue keying or chroma keying and multiple
video channels.

Can anyone give me some advice?

Cya

1armedScissor
02-26-2003, 02:02 PM
if you are using a mac then all I can say is FINAL CUT PRO, but don't take my word for it, check it out at the apple website. It's relatively inexpensive ($1600 canadian) or you can look at Final Cut Express ($449.00 canadian). Take a look at the website and do a google search for reviews. For years the king of the NLE video editing was AVID but Final Cut is really giving them some stiff competition.

Konstruct
02-27-2003, 08:25 PM
id have to agree- final cut pro is the best. I`ve used adobe premiere for the past 5 years, and the program is utterly worthless cause its output quality is SHIT.

Punkpotato
02-28-2003, 04:40 AM
Listen out aloud Apple

Make Final Cut Pro available on pc and you'll make an absolute fortune.
Seriously....

beaker
02-28-2003, 04:48 PM
>>Listen out aloud Apple

>>Make Final Cut Pro available on pc and you'll make an absolute fortune.

Actually they make alot more money keeping it on apple boxes. Every station of FCP they sell also sells a 4-5k apple workstation. They would have to sell 10x as many copies of FCP to make up the loss from the computers they won't sell. The market isn't big enough for that to happen.

Konstruct
02-28-2003, 06:56 PM
OK, could someone please explain what the diff. is between mac and PC?
I`ve used mac all my life and Ive heard it said many times that macs are better for graphics. why?

isn`t it true you can get much more power for your dollar when you buy PC?

like right now if I wanted to upgrade my crappy 400 MHz G4 processor up to a 1Ghz- i would have to spend 1000 bucks.

but y do that when I can get like a 2.5 GHz Dell for the same price.- plus I get a whole new computer and acsess to TONS of software

so I`m thinkin at this point- what is it that macs have that make them so expensive? The only thing I can thing of is thier cool slick look of the hardware and OSx.

but the funny thing is I would much rather have a wicked ass black computer and XP- isnt too far off from OSx in terms of asthetic apeal.

so tell if I`m right on the money- or if Im missing some obvious detail.

Chris
02-28-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Konstruct
so I`m thinkin at this point- what is it that macs have that make them so expensive? The only thing I can thing of is thier cool slick look of the hardware and OSx.

You've hit the nail on the head. Unless your a video editor (Final Cut Pro is practically worth getting the mac for - its that good) you would be far better off with a Faster & Cheaper PC.

- not I'm talking from a purely business point of view here - I couldnt give a stuff about OS loyalty - the fact is you can get a vastly faster machine, with access to loads of more options in terms of hardware & software, for a cheaper price. The speed difference means you get home earlier, & your client is happier.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.