PDA

View Full Version : Painter IX watercolor layer question- please help

Mizskellington
02-11-2007, 10:08 PM
hey everone,

I don't know how many people are familiar with this technique for seperating sketch from canvas in Painter IX, but I scanned in a sktech and then went to 'Layers' -> 'Lift Canvas to Watercolor Layer'. So the sketch is now on a watercolor layer (and seperated from the canvas) but now I need to convert the watercolor layer into a NROMAL layer, but I can't remember how to do it!

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!
Michelle

Hecartha
02-11-2007, 11:51 PM
hey everone,

I don't know how many people are familiar with this technique for seperating sketch from canvas in Painter IX, but I scanned in a sktech and then went to 'Layers' -> 'Lift Canvas to Watercolor Layer'. So the sketch is now on a watercolor layer (and seperated from the canvas)
Hi Michelle,
You can also use the selection tool on your canvas, cut and paste in place the selection and change the composite methodof the new layer (in the layer panel) from default to Gel
now I need to convert the watercolor layer into a NROMAL layer, but I can't remember how to do it!
Right click on the watercolor layer in the layer panel and choose commit.

Mizskellington
02-12-2007, 12:10 AM
thanks so much for your reply, but I figured it out: all I had to do was click on the little arrow head on the layers pallett and click on 'convert to default layer'. quite easy :D

Jinbrown
02-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Hi,

The fastest way to get your black and white line art on a Default Layer is to:

Select > All
Click the F key to activate the Layer Adjuster tool.
Click inside the selection and the Canvas is lifted to a Default Layer.

Sometimes using Copy and Paste makes the pasted Layer misalign with the Canvas, thus the suggestion above.

CGTalk Moderation
02-12-2007, 11:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.