PDA

View Full Version : yet another head - but not a WIP!

evan
03-28-2002, 05:39 AM
Hi all, well, I lied a little, I'm still working on the hair. Modeled and rendered in LW, textures all hand painted in Photoshop, hair created with LW's SasLite, but I can't seem to get it right. Well, just though I'd post a pic.... any comments/suggestion welcome.

Cheers
Evan

evan
03-28-2002, 05:49 AM
I think I prefer him bald anyway....

Iain McFadzen
03-28-2002, 05:51 AM
Pretty slick work. It's nicely modelled and the texturing is pretty good too. The hair is OK apart from the horrid aliasing.

However:

It's all slightly let down by the fact that eyes are quite obviosuly just tex-mapped spheres and are completely devoid of "life" ( as well as eyelashes). You really should put a bit more effort into your character's eyes, it is amazing the difference it can make to even a cartoon character, let alone a naturalistic one like this.

xtrm3d
03-28-2002, 06:09 AM
i am the same opinion about the eye..
but if you use sasquatch ..
itīs look that you dont use the sasquatch shadow shader on the skin ???
or y our hair dont cast shadow.. ??
and turn up you AA higer.. :-)

nice modelle , nice texture..

christophe

evan
03-28-2002, 01:56 PM
Ok, well I did'nt just map a sphere for the eyes, but I remodeled them all the same, I think they look a little better now...

beej
03-28-2002, 04:40 PM
hehe the hair reminds me of don king's...

model looks wicked.

BASSit
03-28-2002, 04:53 PM
Thatīs a great head you have there, Evan !
I think you should definitly give him hair ( there are enough bald heads in the cg universe ;) ) To improve the hair you should make them cast shadows (looks their are missing in the first render) and add a haircut (like the little pic below)... just some suggestions.

Keep up the good work !

evan
03-29-2002, 04:08 AM
thanks everyone for all the comments and suggestions, Ive re done the eyebrows and eyes, and will re do the hair... thanks again.

JacquesD
03-29-2002, 04:51 AM
That's a good modeling really but the textures really need more work, the lighting is a bit flat and the eyes are empty like a doll eyes.

Keep on.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.