PDA

View Full Version : Maya 8.5 bug or not? Duplicate Special

Maverynthia
02-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Problem: We have half a mesh, we want to instance it so we can work on half and have the other half reflect it. We use Duplicate Special O-Instance -1 on Scale. Hit apply. Nothing happens, it just unselects the mesh.

Duplicate works and Proxy also works.

Troubleshooting:
Erased history
Exported to file and reimported the mesh.
Exported the mesh and reimported into a new scene.

Somewhat working solution:
Export to file and import into Maya 8.0, image planes are lost however that's an easy if somewhat time consuming fix.

Is this a bug in 8.5 since not even importing to a new scene worked or is there some setting somewhere that needs to be on or off, or could accidentally be turned on or off? Is there an easier fix rather than to lose all the work on getting the image planes perfect et al.

ErikSvensson
02-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Hey there.

Have you frozen your transformations for the mesh before you duplicate it? And is the pivot at the center of the mesh? That should do it, non-frozen transform can cause problems with the duplicate special.

Erik

Maverynthia
02-13-2007, 06:42 PM
The transformation was frozen and the pivot was at the center. It still did not work :(
So, is it a new Maya bug then?

ErikSvensson
02-13-2007, 06:55 PM
I dont think so. It works great here at home and at school, for me and all my classmates so it seems like a local computer problem.

Erik

CGTalk Moderation
02-13-2007, 06:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.