PDA

View Full Version : Creature hit by car-WIP crits welcome

travishowe
02-10-2007, 02:33 AM
Hey All,

www.useyourpower.com/SpotCar_11.avi (http://www.useyourpower.com/SpotCar_11.avi)

This is a new piece I've been working on. There's a second half to it that I intend to finish eventually, but for now, I'm just going to clean up this segment. Crits are welcome!

Thanks!

Travis

mistasam02
02-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Doooood! This pass looks really good! I especially like the little shoulder movements you did at the very end! That makes hime look like a big rubber thing, which looks very real. My only crit is that when he lands at the end, his rear and hind legs spin back to the right side of the screen when they should continue to the left after the car hit. Iono, could just be my blurry eyes at this hour, lol.. good job man!

travishowe
02-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Hey Sam,
I'm really glad you like it! It still needs a lot of lovin', and as you know it's got a whole second half. I'll definitely take a look at the hip turn... to be honest I think a big part of the problem is the fact that the camera is moving around it, while there's not anything around to relate to in terms of what is stationary. I'm putting in a road and some light posts to give it some barings.

Thanks for your crits! I've been looking the new shot you sent me and I'll shoot you some feedback later :)

Travis

mistasam02
02-10-2007, 07:22 PM
That's a good point! I'm finding now as well that if the camera isn't smooth, the animation looks off. So yea, that your cam is still moving to the left might be affecting how it looks. Anyways cool stuff so far! Keep it up!

travishowe
02-11-2007, 02:49 AM
Thanks Sam,
I've adjusted the hips a bit, I hope this fixes what you were seeing. Also, I smoothed out the camera a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs4awdWMmyQ

This is a render, mainly because I wanted to make sure the break lights were working (which, unfortunately, you can barely see on the youtube video), but I'm still planning on making many adjustments, including a whole second half that will continue where this leaves off, so please feel free to critique!

Thanks!

Travis

CGTalk Moderation
02-11-2007, 02:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.