PDA

View Full Version : Dominance War II: BrazilianDan

BrazilianDan
02-10-2007, 02:11 AM
Hey all,

Working on this character for the war - CgSociety Ancients for the glory !

My character, named Hesuto, but often called Hunter Wasp, is an aerial assault unit, with specialization in inflitration and assassination. Usually, he's assigned the job of sweeping in and taking out a leader or notorious grunt to break enemy morale and organization, enabling a full on assault from the rest of forces. The concpet goes as follows.
Long after Earth was covered with sand, there was a great exodus, and a few priveledged humans had the chance to escape the dying world. Although human, technology had improved them, allowing them to controll their aging, and granting them weapons and armors never before imagined. One man inherited an exoskeleton suit that evolved on his body, reacting to his biology and outside influence. Growing slowly in layers, the suit offers incredible protection against the forces of nature, building itself to disperse any form of energy by deflecting it along to the entire body. At the same time, the suite allows for attatchments of a mechanical nature, incorporating those into its system as well. Hesuto, having been persecuted his entire life by militants seeking to possess the evolving suit, eventually, and consciously, evolved to the likeness of one of nature's finest war machines. However, with the increase of his power, he became despised and feared by his own race, and so, decided to go into exile, traveling aimlessly through the universe, his suit evolving more with each planet visited. Now, once again faced with war, he realizes what his true purpose is.

"Wasps are critically important in natural biocontrol ... Almost every pest insect has a wasp species that is predator or parasite of it"

Here's a sketch for the helmet and face so far:
http://img01.picoodle.com/img/img01/7/2/9/f_facehelmetsm_f9d0f07.jpg

BrazilianDan
02-12-2007, 03:11 AM
Here's an update, I had a friend of mine help me design the look of the armor, and this is what i drew so far. He's got a jetpack built into the hump of his armor. The eyes in the helmet are wired to his brain so he see around and above him, hes got hooks that fold out from his forearms, a sword tucked away behind the jetpack, and im thinking about making the stinger actually two guns that open up and jut out to his sides, so he can grab each one with a different hand. Wings are attached behind his shoulders, and are controlled by his shoulder blades and arms. Going for that memory cloth idea from Batman Begins, except the wings go from cloth to a more solid form, and can be used to smack into people and control his flight. Armor was inspired by a really close-up shot of a layer of chitin.
http://img01.picoodle.com/img/img01/7/2/11/f_charactershm_c118d32.jpg

C+C welcome!

BrazilianDan
02-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Hey all, heres a little update - I'm still going to finish the concept sheet, but I did a couple of other things first - I changed the silloughette a bit to keep the character more interesting, even though theres a lot I'll still find out during the modeling stage of the body.

http://img03.picoodle.com/img/img03/7/2/14/f_fixedsilloum_3cd1964.jpg
And secondly, I began modeling the face, since its something that I'm pretty set on anyways. Here's what I got so far, I'm only modeling the part that would be visible, the rest will be covered by the helmet and armor. More details to be scultped still.
http://img01.picoodle.com/img/img01/7/2/14/f_face2m_878467d.jpg

A reply would be nice, feedback always helps a bunch when developing a character.

foche
02-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Hi Dan...good to see another brazilian fight for here!!
I really like you concept and colors
Boa sorte pra nůs!!!
cya

BrazilianDan
03-04-2007, 09:41 PM
hm... during the past couple of weeks I've moved to Vancouver and started the VFS game design course. A week into school, and I'm already full of things to do. I'll try to get as much done, but my odds for finishing what I had intended are pretty slim.

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2007, 09:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.