PDA

View Full Version : Pflow Water suggestions for improvements?

kenchr
02-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have been playing around with Pflow for making water flow over a sculpture, I have it working but I'm sure there are several ways to improve it. I have a screen shot of the model and of the Plfow settings I have. Some issues I still have:
1) the particles continue well past the sculpture
2) without some serious motion blur it looks like rolling marbles
3) the movement over the sculpture is a bit sticky, the water is slow on the surface but faster when it drops to another level.

any suggestions would be welcomed.

thanks

-k

http://www.serapdx.com/pflowwater.jpg

PsychoSilence
02-10-2007, 10:59 AM
first of all nive approach :)

to point one i assume you mean the UDeflector mesh...itīs not a closed surface at the bottom, the particles canīt go any furster down so the gravity foces them to go to the sides i suppose. may create a nother "finishing move" deflector and give the particles 0 force, 0 speed and 0 rotation to calm them down. pflow intends to keep popping and wobbling around after it hit a deflector bt doesnīt rest. thatīs because the deflector e.g. forces the particles to stay at a certain level in world space but the gravity forces them to go further down. that fact alone still gives them enough velocity to keep on moving slightly.

to point two i would like tu duggest using a blobmesh to give it a little more look of a meta surface. just wrap the compond object around your pflow and set the render type to phantom. if you have glu give the pWrapper a try...

point three deserves quite the same answer as for point one...

kind regards

anselm

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2007, 10:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.