PDA

View Full Version : Demo Reel - Jeff Evans

Jeffo
02-25-2003, 08:22 PM
Hey guys and gals,
just finished my modeling reel (well mostly modeling, a little bit of animation and FX on it as well) and just wanted to get your opinion on it.
Most of it is personal work there is some production work, and my involvment was either modeling some aspects or some fx.

Anyway, its about 18 megs and you can get it here (http://www.3dluvr.com/jeffo/jeffevans_reelDIVX.avi)

also i redid my website if you wanna check that out as well its at www.3dluvr.com/jeffo

comments on that would be most useful too!

heres my latest character, just for people who dont wanna download the 50 megs.

http://members.rogers.com/jeffo3d/orc.jpg

oh also, I'm looking for work if anyone is in need of my services.

cheers! :beer:

b.Schulz
02-25-2003, 09:11 PM
Big Download is my first complaint. . .

but that's got nothing to do with your reel. :D Looks good so far. I'm assuming you are looking for a modeling position (just from watching the reel). You may want to show the wireframes of all your models to show your structure in building these guys. Employer's may like to see that stuff so they can maybe visualize if it will be able to be animated or not, or maybe they can see how you work er something? I don't know much about modeling though, but I would venture to say that might help? You do want to model right.....doH! nevermind...just re-read your post. . .sorry your download took a while so I totally forgot what you had written. What are those ducks from . . .I've seen some animation done on them from Ron Zorman a while ago...?? The only weakness in that reel would be in the end. . .where you have that warcraft pic in there, if you want to keep it in I would work on those clouds some more. . .they don't seem as polished as the ground. . .and I don't think that piece shows off any modeling skills. But that's about it I think. Looks pretty good, but I don't know much about modeling reels, just my $.02...that large download is a killer though.

Jeffo
02-25-2003, 11:43 PM
b.schulz: thanks very much for the suggestions, i agree with that last picture, i wasnt sure about it in the first place, should have went with my instinct, i know the download is killer, im not too good with codec compressors right now, if anyone could help me with some divx settings that would be great, i got it down to 20 megs but the quality was quite poor. Yeah the stuff with the ducks is called Sitting Ducks, its a tv series, and i believe Ron did some test work for the show, very talented individual. Thanks again for the comments! trying to figure out divx right now :)

Jeffo
02-26-2003, 12:55 AM
Ok i rendered out a new version, 18 megs now for those who were scared of the 50 meg download, i dont blame ya!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.