nice:buttrock:
really great lighting..

wayonCG
02-26-2003, 01:24 AM
Lord of ring?

I bet!nice works!

chrisdejoya
02-26-2003, 04:19 AM
nice picture! very airy. i think you have made the pillar shadows too dark or the girl to bright, and the light should be interacting with her mroe, judging from where she is positioned.

still, i'm light years behind painting like that.. excellent work!

wildsheepchase
02-26-2003, 03:55 PM
Great painting.:thumbsup: Here's a few things I noted, though:

I think the shadow the woman is casting seems too big and possibly in the wrong location, since she seems like she's almost standing behind that first pillar. I think her anatomy could use a little work. Also, she doesn't seem to be grounded...define the shadow at her feet a little more.

Everything else looks pretty good to me. Hope that helps a bit:D

Anthony
02-26-2003, 09:12 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the great replies! :beer:

freddy - Thank yall :]

wayon - Its funny, I'm really not thinking of LOTR at all in these last two pics(the volcano and this one), but for whatever reason they are coming out a little like that. The girl even looks vaguely like Liv Tyler, although I think this one's prettier :p

Snowfly - Thanks, I agree about the lighting on the girl. I'm learnin' :wip:

wildsheep - Thanks! I think its in the right place, but the shape I had to just guestimate cause its so complicated. I would have had to paint her from another angle, fill that, then transform that shape onto the ground. What a pain! Now if I were getting paid for this stuff, haha! then I'd go the extra mile. :love:

Thanks again guys!

ASCIISkull
02-27-2003, 05:05 AM
The reflection of her feet don't match up with her body... one foot looks liek it's floating in midair because it's reflection doesn't reach it.

Still, it's an awesome painting... looks like a book cover...

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.