PDA

View Full Version : Dominance War II: Mike Kopa

Mike Kopa
02-09-2007, 04:25 AM
This competition will certainly be fun to work on and learn from. Just reserving my spot for now. I'm working on some concepts at the moment, so I'll post them later. :)

Mike Kopa
02-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Well I've been working on the concept and here's what I've got so far...

The armor around his body will be made of organic materials from the sea... like Brain coral in particular for his upper body. And there will be urchins, star fish, shells, etc. in the armor.

I'm still trying to figure out a weapon, but when I do, I'll be sure to upload it. And it will be full of destruction :)

Mike Kopa
02-12-2007, 04:55 AM
Got the head pretty much done to my liking... I've still gotta tweak some of the edge flow but i think it's coming along decent so far.

Please feel free to leave comments and critiques. THanks.

MrEric
02-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Lookin good so far :) nice concept. I realy like the idea of fishy/reptile skin. maybe you may make a little bit longer face.

Mike Kopa
02-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Yeah, actually that's something I may very well do... I'm working on blocking out the proportions now, and a longer face might look better so I'll def. be trying it out. Thanks for the comment :)

Frostics
02-13-2007, 06:26 PM
I really like your concept. Turtles are always badace.

blacker
02-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Well I've been working on the concept and here's what I've got so far...

The armor around his body will be made of organic materials from the sea... like Brain coral in particular for his upper body. And there will be urchins, star fish, shells, etc. in the armor.

I'm still trying to figure out a weapon, but when I do, I'll be sure to upload it. And it will be full of destruction :)

Kopa... Koopa... turtles... coincidence? I think not! ;) Looking pretty badass! Maybe add some manta rays floating around him? Perhaps a swordfish-head rapier? :)

Mike Kopa
02-14-2007, 02:45 AM
Frostics: Thanks man, and yeah... turtles are pretty sweet.

blacker: lol.. yeah man, Koopa is one of my nicknames too and I certainly don't mind :) Funny that you bring that up though, cause that didn't even come to mind. And oooh... manta rays! They are pretty cool. Maybe I can figure a way to tie them into the armor or something... and i do like the swordfish head rapier idea. Hmmm... I have some work to do! :)

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

Mike Kopa
02-27-2007, 05:38 AM
So I've got the low-res model 90% done. I may have to cut back on some other areas to add to others. If anyone has any suggestions, please chime in as this is my first character model in a while.

Klash120
02-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Show us more progress Koopa! :p Looking good so far. Planning on zbrushing it or somn? :\
C'mon! You can dooo itttt.

Mike Kopa
03-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey dudes and dudettes... sorry I haven't updated in a while, but here goes.

Finally got to work in Zbrush a bit (first time working with it, and I'm enjoying it :) )

Here is the low res character with some base normal maps finished. I've still got plenty of work to do though, so hopefully I'll be able to get a lot more done this weekend.

Any crits would be great. Thanks.

-Koopa

CGTalk Moderation
03-09-2007, 01:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.