PDA

View Full Version : logo design

Equinoxx
02-25-2003, 07:36 PM
hello everybody, i don't post often in this area of cgtalk, but i keep an eye on allaya ;) great stuff in here.

i been walking around for a while now, wanting to do a logo for myself.
today at the office, i started doodling and the following is the result. I know it's somewhat different then the usual art in this section, but i hope you'll like it.

some background info, the Equinox is the natural event during one day in spring and one day in fall, when there's EXACTLY 12 hours of sunlight, so i figured there'd be exactly 12 hours of darkness/moonlight. that's what the logo presents, the equinox.

C&C welcome ofcourse.

cheers.

http://equinoxx.cgcommunity.com/images/art/equinoxx_logo.jpg

leigh
02-25-2003, 07:42 PM
I think it totally rocks :xtreme: :xtreme:

Nice and simple, yet bold design. I love it :thumbsup:

jeroentje
02-25-2003, 07:50 PM
He Yves, good to see you posting here for a change ;)
And good to see some graphic design here :D

Nice logo design. I think the idea is great, aswell as the basics of the design.

Just a few things:
The most important part of a logo is the name. When you make the name just as wide as the logo, it will be more prominent and better readable. Plus the text and the illustration part will be better balanced. That could also be solved by giving the lines a light and the text a darker, prominent colour.

You are using a very nice sort of tribal tattoo like drawing style for the lines, plus a very pixeled typeface, maybe try to see what happens with another typeface.

Making logos is difficult. I always make a few, and make about 20 or 30 versions of the same design before I call something a final. A logo is definitely something that needs "sinking-in-time" ;)

Cheers, Jeroen

Alien Citizen
02-25-2003, 07:52 PM
conceptually I like the sun/moon concept. It is a great design.

I would recommend tweaking the 2 edge craters on the bottom... they are a bit too solid black, and the look chunky...

as well, if it were up to me, I would make it vertically symmetrical... that way the flames would be balanced.

The flames coming off the horizontal bar above the text seems to throw off the balance... maybe consider symmetrical balance on that part at the very least.

Good work though...
Did you make this design in Flash?

:)

Equinoxx
02-25-2003, 07:59 PM
thx for the comments :D

jeroentje, cheers man . . . excellent ideas.
Alien Citizen, excellent ideas as well.

as you can see, i'm clearly NO logodesigner, at least, it's not something i usually do. I will consider your inout and see what it does

cheers

wayonCG
02-26-2003, 12:34 AM
really cool, but i think the main point is not very clear,and cant focus on it quickly!

Najd
02-26-2003, 02:04 AM
Hey, Really cool logo. The only think I can say is that the Nmae must be bigger. I thing a logo has to be readabble even in a very small format (see attachement) and it would better balance the logo (as jeroentje said).
CooL :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.