PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem with new videocamera

shadow
02-25-2003, 07:10 PM
I bought the Canon MV500i last saturday. And when I hooked it to my firewireport, windows (XP Professional) only detected a AV/C input device but couldn't find any drivers for it. I unplugged it and hooked another camera (Sony VX9000E) to it and windows recognised it inmediately.
The camera came with a firewirecard (now I have 3 of them:annoyed: ) And my dad said he wanted to try it on his own system (WindowsXP Home) Card and camera were recognised inmediately.
So I thought, it could be the card. So I build the card into my system. Booted up, tried again. Card was revognised, but camera was still recognised as AV/C input device with no drivers.

I guess the only thing I can do now is to re-install windows and hope that that does the trick. Unless anyone here knows something else.

My system is:
AMD XP 2700+
1024MB Registered RAM
Geforce 2 MX400 64MB
30GB HD for system
60 GB for (video)files
Terratec 24/96 soundcard

gustojunk
02-26-2003, 01:12 AM
i've had weird issues with my canon mc40 and xp too. it's like some weird thing that sometimes it gets recognized and sometimes it does not. Have you tried rebooting your system and keeping the camera on, sometimes that helps

shadow
02-27-2003, 08:58 PM
Thanks for your response and sorry for replying so late, I had a busy week at work.

I didn't try it before, but I tried it a few minutes ago. Didn't work. Well, Windows was acting weird anyway so I guess I'll have some formating and reinstalling to do this weekend.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.