PDA

View Full Version : Methods for creating 3D references from photos

cre8tiv-img
02-08-2007, 06:16 PM
OK. I did a search on the forums first, and I cannot find if there are any threads on how one would create the 3D references (top, front, back, left, right, bottom) from a photograph.

What drawing techniques do you use? Do you use Illustrator or Photoshop and create a basic line art drawing of the photograph? Is it even possible to create a model from one photographic view point? Or do you have to create each view, or have photographs of each different view?

I know there are blue prints out there, but what if you want to create your own from one photograph? (This question might be redundant)

I'm trying to find a simple workflow for creating a basic model that I can then texture and paint in Photoshop. I want to create 3D models of the machinery at the company I work for as a way of adding some 3D artistry to our marketing collateral. I have some old photographs, but only one view. Its not possible to take photographs of some machinery from every angle.

Thanks for your input.

Chad

CGTalk Moderation
02-08-2007, 06:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.