PDA

View Full Version : Importing Custom Palettes to Painter X

phd
02-08-2007, 05:33 PM
Hi,
I am trying out Painter X, and I wanted to import my Custom Palette from Painter IX.5.
I have copied across all my custom brushes, but when I try to import the Custom Palette, it just comes up empty ?
Can palettes from older versions be imported to Painter X?

Regards,

Phd.

marlouin
02-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Hey,
here is what I did:
-launch painter IX.5
-export your palettes where you want (window>custom palette>organizer then push export)
-launch painter X
-import your palette file saved before (window>custom palette>organizer then push import)

Xdreamer79
02-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Hey,
here is what I did:
-launch painter IX.5
-export your palettes where you want (window>custom palette>organizer then push export)
-launch painter X
-import your palette file saved before (window>custom palette>organizer then push import)

Did it this way and my brush palette is empty like phd already mentioned :(

phd
02-09-2007, 08:44 AM
Yes, that's exactly what I did.

I've since recreated my custom palettes, having both versions open at the same time, then mirroring what I have in version IX over to X.

Regards,

Phd.

Hecartha
02-09-2007, 09:09 AM
i suppose the problem is identical to this one (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=112&t=461377)
If anyone here know how to use an advanced text editor to convert the file it can be done quickly

Xdreamer79
02-10-2007, 04:59 PM
I succesfully converted the windows file of my custom brush palette (which contains CR/LF) into the used MAC format of Painter X (only has CR). So export your custom brush palette in Painter IX 5 and get notepadd++ (http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/news.php?lang=de). Open your file and goto to "format" --> convert into MAC and save your file. Open again Painter X and import your modified file and have fun :)

Hecartha
02-11-2007, 01:17 PM
excellent, it is exactly what i was looking for, thanks for the tip Xdreamer79

Xdreamer79
02-11-2007, 01:39 PM
You're welcome :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-11-2007, 01:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.