PDA

View Full Version : another freak

hawkprey
02-25-2003, 05:48 PM
hey guys

Did this from start to finish in photoshop. Initially I was designing it as a splash page for me site but it didnt fit very well. I decided it might make decent wallpaper for a buddy of mine.

Let me know what you think. Its kind of a different style for me. Cant decide if I like it.

http://www.hawkprey.com/strapped.jpg

here is the big version if you guys want to DL it.

http://www.hawkprey.com/strappeddesk.jpg

coCoKNIght
02-25-2003, 05:51 PM
I can definately decide that I like it! :D
Wow, very cool, and that blue eye! :thumbsup:
Where did you take your inspiration from?

hawkprey
02-25-2003, 06:10 PM
I am influenced by everything I look at.

It drives me nuts.

Recently I have been really checking John Mueller and of course, Brom. I also really like Jon Foster and Bisley.

So I am all over the board.

coCoKNIght
02-25-2003, 06:15 PM
btw. I like your homepage design a lot :thumbsup:

freddy7133d
02-25-2003, 07:14 PM
wow:eek:

your darks and lights really well placed..

.gomes
02-25-2003, 08:52 PM
omg wow:eek: :buttrock:

really cool :thumbsup:

chrisdejoya
02-25-2003, 09:14 PM
whoa. that's the most solid piece of yours i've seen so far.. yup, different style, but incredible

wayonCG
02-26-2003, 12:29 AM
wow!,really cool allien!

nice works!

Konstruct
02-26-2003, 05:47 AM
damn dude,- awesome. if I was better at maya I take a stab at modeling it. but I`m not so I wont...

reminds me of phil hales work,- with the teeth an all

tigrvision
02-26-2003, 12:21 PM
that is insane! awsome, awsome work.

mattie
02-26-2003, 03:44 PM
nice work... :thumbsup:

Najd
02-26-2003, 11:39 PM
Really good, almost looks like a B&W picture

Prs-Phil
02-27-2003, 11:39 AM
f*** me thats cool, great colors, great effect :) I love it

Sourbean
02-27-2003, 08:11 PM
Wow man! this pic is so cool! all the lighting and shadow are
real cool and i cant believe u did it all in photoshop! I love u man!! :)

ehpawk
03-03-2003, 04:40 AM
wow.. hawkprey you never cease to amaze me... your fast becoming my favorite artist... a few more like that and your going to surpass brom whos on the top.. thats truly unique and amazing..

a request:
i would love to c a model sheet for this guy.. i know your very busy but if you could spare any time to it i would love you forever.. even if its real rough.. (really really rough)

im just hoping..

/me hopes.

hell you probably dont even have the time..

anyways SEXCELLENT!

krusty027
03-03-2003, 03:07 PM
Really love the right arm fore-arm gun... great perspective. I also like the scratched texture... is that a seperate layer or did you do that manually?

Overall I think the image is very strong, though I would think that some more solid areas of shadow that are obscuring detail would have helped. the lighting seems a little to even to me. You've got this happening just near the small of the back and on the left arm...

But I'm being picky here... really, great work.

:buttrock:

Dai
03-03-2003, 06:04 PM
So the foot is eye level, and still you see the top of the shoulders/head?
Perspective's "off", I guess you could say, either that or he's some kind of contortionist. :)

Nice style though. Reminds me of Travis Charest's stuff somehow.

krusty027
03-03-2003, 06:09 PM
Dai... I think that this guy is leaning into the camera, bending at the waste a bit so as to expose the top of his shoulder and head... I don't think he's standing straight at all... certainly if he was you'd be bang on....

..at least that's how I read the image....

:shrug:

coCoKNIght
03-03-2003, 06:11 PM
I can't see a problem with the perspective...

Dai
03-03-2003, 06:23 PM
I'm not going to start bickering about this, but no amount of "bending at the waste" can create that kind of perspective.
The foot is very close to the camera - virtually a frog's perspective, but as soon as you get to the knee, the perspective's broken.

Mistakes like these are pretty easy to make when you're drawing on a PC though.

krusty027
03-03-2003, 06:29 PM
I agree... lets not bicker... that being said I think what really is going on is what you might be percieving as extreme fore-shortening on the feet which would naturally mean that the upper body would be tapering away from there. I think what's happening is the feet have that 'super wide' look that is all the rage, sort-of that 'skater-shiek' pant leg look... It's a tough visual problem to solve and maybe this image hasn't been that succesful in your mind...

Anyhow... it's great to hear other 'perspective' ( :D ) on these type of things...

cheers...

caffeineman
03-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Would KILL for a tutoria on some of the techniques you use.
Wow.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.