PDA

View Full Version : From dust to geometry

madmenno
02-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Hi folks!

I'm creating a logo for someone, but to impress a bit more i like to build it up from dust/sand laying on the ground.

So i was thinking, i need to brake down the geometry and let it fall on the ground. Then render back to front to get the desired effect.

But are there any tutorials for this? I have little experience with particles but i can remember seeing some sort of tutorial for this. If anyone could atleast tell me what kind of particle system i need i could start fiddling around with it.

If anyone knows some other tutorial to make a cool effect on the logo feel free to post it. I'd like to do atleast something else with the logo then just spin it. And i have to sent it in tomorow (i hope i can stretch it till after the weekend).

Thnx in advance!

PsychoSilence
02-07-2007, 05:32 PM
allan mackay has a disintegration tutorial on his website.

you could indeed render the animaiton foreward and flip it in post...if you have the toolbox#1 at hand you should give "find target" a try :)

kind regards

anselm

madmenno
02-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Hi, thnx for the info!

I looked at some tutorials and with some fiddling i could make the "desired" effect. That is i made the logo turn in to dust that is blown away.

I rendered that to tga sequence and tried to switch the frames so it plays in reverse. But i could not find that option. So is there somewhere a simple "freeware" program to reverse the frames? And/or... but rather and... is there a way to render out the sequence backworths in max?

CGTalk Moderation
02-08-2007, 12:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.