PDA

View Full Version : Dominance War II: medunecer

medunecer
02-07-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm in! Soon first sketches...

medunecer
02-10-2007, 11:08 PM
In the last two days I have started to have a more clear idea of my character. As the title says, she's a smooth assassin, as smooth as silk; She does her job in silence, using such non conventional weapons as chemical and biological stuff. For now, I think she will not use any gun or rifle, but things like medical items. Below you can see the first early sketches...

medunecer
02-10-2007, 11:11 PM
...and this is the final version. More details to be added.

zeke3d
02-10-2007, 11:59 PM
i think a small skirt (simple/smooth/metal) would look good on her, perhaps not even enough to cover up the crotch from that last angle

nikudy
02-11-2007, 12:46 AM
a backpack or something for that tube to go into wold be useful. also tou could place some more of those knives all over her, in case she throws some of them at the enemys.
the helmet looks kind of too simple compared to the body armor.

-claudiu

medunecer
02-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Thanks friends, useful advices!

zeke3d: really sexy with a skirt, but she's an assassin and maybe a classic suit should work better.

nikudy: good idea! Back pack added! I'll show you something about it soon!
Thanks again for the support!

medunecer
02-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Modeling stage started!

medunecer
02-12-2007, 05:42 PM
I think this will be the final shape f the character. It's quite simply, and I'll try to give more variations with texturing.

SheriffNotic
02-12-2007, 08:27 PM
It looks like you have a really nice start laying down the geometry. I like her concept, it's nice to see a character that doesn't rely on Guns and traditional weapons, going for something more interesting. Those syringes look nasty, I'd hate to be her enemy!

Keep up the good work!

medunecer
03-11-2007, 03:29 PM
back with other sketches to define better the textures. I think I'll have some ptoblems with normal mapping; this is my very first time with this technique!

Quickel
03-12-2007, 01:30 PM
really like the pose on the second sketch. the glowing green could be really cool.

ChrRambow
03-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Good start ... i like the idea with the pet :thumbsup: ... but you should hurry up ... deadline is coming closer and closer :eek: ... any updates yet? :)

medunecer
03-15-2007, 04:17 PM
some updates. I'm not satisfied about the texturing; I think I'll re make it from the principle. I'm new in texturing (and modeling) characters for games and I have to say that it's really difficult! I have to learn a lot...!

Quickel
03-15-2007, 06:30 PM
i like your hand-painted textures a lot man! did you do any normal maps for this? the face looks a little flat but i really don't mind it that much.

medunecer
03-15-2007, 08:02 PM
hey Quickel! Thanks for your encouragement, but, after another look at the works of you fellow colleagues, I'm remaking all the texturing work ( and maybe I'll retouch some polygons too). All of you are doing a very high quality work and this push me to do much more! About normal maps: actually, I'm starting to study this technique right in these days, but I don't think to use on this model (unfortunately), because I should work on the hi-poly model and I haven't so much time!

ChrRambow
03-15-2007, 08:56 PM
I really like your texture work ... espeacially on your armor.
How many tris you got so far ... maybe you can add some details in the face area?

But please keep this state when you decide to retexture ... i really like it.

Airflow
03-15-2007, 10:29 PM
Love the cartoony feel on this, how her weapon is equally as cartoony and also devastating...

medunecer
03-16-2007, 07:09 AM
Thanks friends.
ChrRambow: Unfortunately I finished my polygon budget, but I'm going to use some photos combined in PS for the face (as you did for your character).

Yung
03-16-2007, 07:38 AM
Wow very nice face texture. But the side view of teh face seems a little weird. But I really like the way you paint the face.

ChrRambow
03-16-2007, 07:58 AM
If you are looking for good face and human referencef for your texture
you can take a look on got3d.com ... they got really nice one.

medunecer
03-16-2007, 08:21 AM
Hey Chris, Thans for the information! great site with many references!

medunecer
03-17-2007, 05:24 PM
New UV mapping! I'm finishing the color texture. In the next hours I'll post it.

ChrRambow
03-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Just waiting for an Update... :bounce:

Clean UV layout! :)

medunecer
03-19-2007, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the support my friend! here an update! And more updates today!

ChrRambow
03-19-2007, 11:23 AM
It's coming along good! :thumbsup:

Just to be shure ... the black parts are not textured yet, right?

medunecer
03-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Hey Christian! Sure, the black areas have to be improved; she wear a sort of "fetish cat suit" under the armour. Tomorrow I'll post the color UV map. For now, here you can see my daily progress. think that tomorrow I'll start doing some final poses.

But now...sleep!

ChrRambow
03-21-2007, 07:59 AM
Hey Marco,
good texturing progress so far!

I really like her eyes and her lips.

Oh look !
l
l
l
\/

-----D---E---A---D---L---I---N---E-----

:eek:
*pushes marco to work faster and kill the enemys* :twisted:

medunecer
03-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Thanks Christian! I know it! The deadline is here! But I think I have almost finished...today more updates!

medunecer
03-21-2007, 12:38 PM
These are the color texture and a first pose test. I'm going to finish the color texturetoday; then, I hope the other textures will be easier to set up. (pet and siringes are not textured yet)

medunecer
03-21-2007, 02:32 PM
here some other views...

medunecer
03-21-2007, 02:34 PM
...more views...I'm trying to find the right camera ancgles for the final beauty images.

ChrRambow
03-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Hi Marco,

Wonderful pose and expression... it is turning out great! :thumbsup:

I really would like see them in better compression quality.

medunecer
03-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Hey Christian! Thanks for the comment! Here another test. I'm retouching all the textures...

ChrRambow
03-21-2007, 05:39 PM
It's turning out better and better! :)

My favourite perspective for a beautyshot is "smooth_assassin_17006.jpg"
the second one of the first set you've posted.

Seems that i will not get any progress today ... i got an
a** of work to finish for a client. :shrug:

medunecer
03-22-2007, 12:53 PM
This is my progress for texturing. Is not very accurated as I wanted, but time and inexperience in game art are my enemies! I have to set the diffuse because it's all too dark...

medunecer
03-22-2007, 02:23 PM
...more updates...I think tomorrow I'll finish it.

ChrRambow
03-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Great results... she is looking good ... and freaky somehow.
Ah i hope you've submitted your finals?

Good luck!

medunecer
03-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Thank you Christian! Sure! I have submitted all my finals! I'm going to update this thread today.

medunecer
03-28-2007, 08:22 PM
here some info about this girls...

Her name is Messalina and she's a "smooth assassin". She has to be smooth because her

specialty is killing enemies using insidious methods. She's a chemist playing with poisons, toxoc elements and viruses.

During her missions, she always bring with her these lethal chemical mix, used to kill in silence any kind of creature, even the bigger one.

She kills while her enemies are sleeping, injecting poisons using her syringes.

She has always a good reserve of these deadly chemical elements carried by a usefull mecha-pet, who follows its mistress everywhere, ready to

give her the right kind of "medicine"...

medunecer
03-28-2007, 08:30 PM
...and with these last images, I have completed the submission of the final ones submitted for the challenge. Let me say that, as usual, I enjoyed very much and I have learned a lot, thanks to all of my fellow colleagues around the world. Let me say tha during these days, I have seen really talented people making fantastic works! I'm really impressed: This was my very first character for games and I know that the road is very long for me! But I'll keep on studying the techniques used in game design, because I found them absolutely wonderful. So, thank you all again for this wonderful opportunity. See you in the next challenge; or, if you prefer, in the next "war campaign"!

medunecer
03-29-2007, 07:31 AM
Just one note about normals: I made these normals using "crazy bump", a really nice software to get normals from other textures, but I basically don't know so much about this technique. I'm studying it because in this challenge I have seen great characters with normal mapping that inspired me a lot...

ChrRambow
03-29-2007, 07:38 AM
Hi Marco,

Yes crazybump is a fine piece of software ... i am using it at work a lot for example
for rought stone/ wood walls and Floor Tiles. Anything goes. :thumbsup:

I really like how your entry turned into the final. Good job and good luck again.

medunecer
03-29-2007, 07:51 AM
Thanks for your words and your useful advices Christian!

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2007, 07:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.