PDA

View Full Version : Dominance War II: adamlane

adamlane
02-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Hi guys hope this works this time

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/SirAdam/DWJPGcopy.jpg

skripturez
02-07-2007, 05:18 AM
Kick ass man! ima make sure u keep working on this!

coCoKNIght
02-07-2007, 05:01 PM
beautiful concept, I hope it works this time too :)

adamlane
02-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys!

CoCoNIGht: i had some problems starting my thread :) but thanks man

coCoKNIght
02-07-2007, 09:36 PM
heh, lol, well, good hunting anyway! :)

heir
02-08-2007, 04:54 AM
I saw this on the thumbnails page and it immediately jumped out at me. I love the blue hair.

adamlane
02-08-2007, 05:30 AM
thanks heir, glad it caught your eye

Reo
02-09-2007, 01:19 AM
I really really like that you took the time to do a solid concept. BUT as I have seen a few times in all the forums I dont think this plays well with in the set briefing.

this of course by no means makes what you have done bad, in fact I do like this concept, i just think you need to think more about how an advanced race would conduct war and how that race would have developed their weapons /armor.

this looks to currrent or avarage futuristic sniper....

either way though great skills.

adamlane
02-09-2007, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the feedback Reo. Yeah i must admit I rushed the concept, I was too excited about enetering.
Ill give her a bit more thought and see what I can come up with. :thumbsup:

Airflow
02-09-2007, 06:01 AM
Id have to agree, though its brilliant work, it needs more unfamilliar characteristics....
Though Id keep the hair motif, maybey a sharpshooter enhanced eye, and some type of cloak/cloak/sheild hybrid, ala a futuristic batman... anyway- keeping mah eye on this one. :)

Temporal
02-10-2007, 07:51 PM
I personally love it. She's beautiful, but her clothes give her that rugged field agent look, and the hair plays very subtly into the Ancient theme.
She also reminds me of Bastila Shan from KotoR, which is awesome

I think something a cool element might be too make part of her cloak make her partially invisible, or parts of it are armored.
Or, the gun has some additional technological elements that allow her to shoot more accurately, or punch through armor.

dmonk
02-11-2007, 12:41 AM
Very cool! Reminds me of Zealot from wildcats.

nikudy
02-11-2007, 01:00 AM
i have to agree with the fact that she doesn't look enough hi-tech. some devices would help. also, you could make a partially visible energy shield around her.

-claudiu

adamlane
02-11-2007, 05:30 AM
thanks for the comments guys

nikudy: i agree too

dmonk: thanks mate!

Temporal: thanks man, ive played around with some new ideas, let me know what you think. I like the cloak idea :)

Airflow: futuristic bataman would be awesome

anyways here is my latest on the concept, not really happy with it but here it is:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/SirAdam/DW10.jpg

SheriffNotic
02-11-2007, 07:17 AM
This is pretty cool, there doesn't seem to be very many female entries for this comp. She's really cool, Her hair and face are great.

The second design feels closer to the brief for this competition, but it still seems really simple. I personally like sleek designs, but she could really use something else with that armor to really make it pop. It doesn't have to break the silhouette, but just some detailing on the silver plates might do the trick. I also think the sleek silver armor clashes thematically with the torn cape. I like the cape and I like the armor, just not really together... The predator blades are a cool addition too!

Are you going to loose the gun entirely then or is it just not included in this picture?

I can't wait to see how this turns out, I'll be watching!

adamlane
02-11-2007, 08:10 AM
SheriffNotic: Thanks man, now that you mention it the cape/armour does clash a bit. I think i'll make the armour heavily battle worn to tie it in. I am a bit stuck on the armour design, i hope i can come up with something soon, so i get a start on the 3d model.

I was going to have a blade on each hand, but it seemed too much like bloodrayne.

SheriffNotic
02-12-2007, 07:27 AM
Adding the battle damage will be a nice addition. I was looking at the most recent concept picture again, and one of the elements I really like is the wedge shaped plates on her hips. Just a thought but maybe you can use that shape as a design motif and reshape the other plates accordingly? Right now they're really square like empty swatches of silver, but if you broke up those pieces (Segment them and add some interesting curves to those segments) It might do the trick. Just something you might consider if nothing else comes to mind.

Reo
02-12-2007, 07:23 PM
awsome I'm glad your still working away on the concept.

I would if it where me play with the idea of the armor being more infused with the character...

maybe its like living armor that morphs to her form or maybe she generates the armor via magic or genome manipulation ?

I dunno I love the brush work I just know you can push this concept further into "anccent" direction.

keep going.

adamlane
02-14-2007, 01:07 AM
Thanks sherrif & reo, been rackin my brains and have come up with this. Still thing about what to do with her head.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/SirAdam/DW_Rework03.jpg

Airflow
02-14-2007, 01:52 AM
Ok, I think its getting better, If you can mix the last two concepts, and try to make one of her arms mechanical instead of both, you only got 20% ciberetics to play with.
Keep the hair, ie slick back on one side (last concpt) and hanging over eye (first concpt).
Id also try out the triangular armour, looks cool... maybey position about 10 peices and connect em with some form of meshwork, or even an energy feild... try taking your first weapon and fitting it inside her mech arm... Just some ideas to play with....

polygonwarrior
02-14-2007, 02:05 AM
I agree with airflow's comments.nways good looking female concept.:thumbsup:

nikudy
02-14-2007, 06:49 AM
i like this concept. some more body armor would be good, it would add some detail to the silhouette. personally i didn't like the armor from the second concept.

the hair from the first concept was cool.
-claudiu

ChrRambow
02-14-2007, 07:34 AM
I like how the concept is turning out ... and i agree with airflow about just one
mechanical arm, because i personally prefere Symmetry on mechanical parts.

And the rules said .... "don't make them too mechanic" right? :)

I also agree with nikudy on the armor ... enhance it a littlebit to become a more
interesting silhouette. Maybe at the upper-leg area and shoulders.

adamlane
02-14-2007, 11:58 PM
hey guys the arms on my chick wern't going to be cybernetics at all, just some bledes on gauntlets, im not really into robotics and stuff lol

anyways thanks for the comments guys :)

Airflow: thanks man, will keep the hair from the 1st concept, i like the meshwork idea

Cubisis :thumbsup:

nikudy: i didnt like the 2nd concept either lol

ChrRambow: will work on her silhouette. will try to add something to those areas

adamlane
02-20-2007, 03:33 AM
Hi guys heres my lastest:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/SirAdam/RenderHi.jpg

still needs a heap of work

Airflow
02-20-2007, 04:05 AM
Nice to see your still going.... Legs are a bit heavy, but its coming together....

SheriffNotic
02-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Looking nice overall. It's hard to tell from the distance, but the face looks a little masculine. Hair and such might fix that though. Just keep running with it!

adamlane
02-21-2007, 12:01 AM
Heres my lastest:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/SirAdam/Mud_Render01.jpg

Airflow
02-21-2007, 12:30 AM
Nice work....

XeroWolf
02-21-2007, 02:42 AM
I really like the progress you've made on your shadow so far Adam. This was one of the first entries that caught my eye when I first came to these forums. Keep it up dude it looks great.:thumbsup:

adamlane
02-22-2007, 12:01 AM
Hey guys the ancient thing has been really bugging me so im making my character a vampire!
heres the new concept:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/SirAdam/AdamVampire.jpg

MrEric
02-22-2007, 12:16 AM
red hair and elvish ears:thumbsup: the hp mesh look good. keep workin :)

Airflow
02-22-2007, 12:27 AM
Pretty cool update, Id suggest truncating and thickening up the stabbing weapon, and maybey giving it some tech, so it looks more like a puncturing/impactful weapon, than a simple stabbing one, Which has been done to death on the other forums. Nice direction with the hair, but you pronably could make it more sculptural, and smoothly formed, if you know what I mean. Its gonna look great...

fx81
02-22-2007, 02:49 AM
i really like the general direction of the character. specially if you can get the head to look like your second concept it would be great.

for the hair, i think you can try multiple dreads with ornaments holding them. kind of like predators dreads but different color hair and more deigned elements i guess.

adamlane
02-24-2007, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the comments guys, been checking out some of the other entries and regret that I didnt do a hulking powerhouse of a character! ah well .....

Airflow
02-24-2007, 03:14 PM
I feel your pain, I wanted to do somthing that wasnt a treetrunk horned demon with a maw instead of a stomach, like the countless Ive seen sofar, and thus like adam her plunked for a female, even though mine is a bit more chunky and even scrapped one version cos it was too weedy..., I dont think its possible to keep a feminine figure and still be able to take out some of the characters out there... Never mind adam, least yours is easier on the eye...

Yung
02-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Nonsense airflow, both you and adamlane's very good and progressing well. I too was confused by the ancient theme but try not to forget in having fun (we all always do :D) while we crush the other three forumers!

Anyway, adamlane, I think you first one was good, and you could perhaps try implementing your second idea into the first concept. Maybe add visual cues of the vampiric heritage, like in the glowy red eyes, the sharper teeth, or maybe the expression old together. Nothing is scarier then a pretty girl sniping you from far with a very complex expression of lust,excitement and mischief.

Gogo fellows.

SheriffNotic
02-26-2007, 06:33 AM
Vampire change, interesting direction. It does fit the "Ancient" theme, keep em coming!

Airflow
02-27-2007, 12:17 AM
update?....

adamlane
03-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Here my latest:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/SirAdam/1HiRender02.jpg

Airflow
03-01-2007, 06:37 AM
Id suggest doing the armour seperate from the cloth, that way you can mudbox denser meshes, cos they are samller and you can also keep decent edges, while modeling in max, xsi or maya...

superchickensoup
03-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Looking nice, needs to be a bit more dynamic though, lots of engraving on the armour, loths of gothic imagery...

adamlane
03-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Well this is what ive ended up with, different from the original concept lol
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a296/SirAdam/adamlane_WinningPose.jpg

SeanB
03-24-2007, 12:19 PM
I think the change in direction was a good one. A few crits: Her thighs look a little large and a little long, moving the knees down. I think the outfit would be a bit more interesting with very subtle color changes in some of the sections. Good job.

Airflow
03-24-2007, 06:33 PM
Daaaaaaaaam, its beautiful, love it, but the Hair, I still feel it could be more regal... Shed definatly give my entry a run for her money... Exellent work sir.

adamlane
03-26-2007, 07:23 AM
Thanks guys,

Airflow: I actually tried the white hair but it rendered really badly with the shadows. So i went with black....

CGTalk Moderation
03-26-2007, 07:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.