PDA

View Full Version : Cat Animation

mec6288
02-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Could someone walk me though, or point me in the right direction to finish this rig. I am stuck on the tail. I have researched the subject and have become a bit confused. I want the tail to move with the movement of the cat. I also want some control of it. It would be cool to have a undulating wave motion, possibly with scripting this could be done?

moose2k1
02-10-2007, 02:12 AM
Yes, you can achieve this with set driven keys.

This is how its done via Maya:

Select controller for the root of the cat, create an attribute (tail move)(-10, 10). Set Driven Key - Load the controller as the driver and the tail move as the attribute.

Then select the joints of the tail (you should have at least 5 or 6 to get a real curve going). Select whatever rotates the tail left or right (rotate y)

Key those on Rotate 0

Then make the cats hip go extreme one direction, what would the tail look like? Key that

Then the opposite, key that. (I did a rotation of 15' each way.

Now when you go from -10 to 10, the tail will move in a curve

---

Select the root controller, and go to window>connection editor. Load that in the left.

Then select all the tail joints (the 5 or 6), and load them in the right.

Connect the rotation on the left for the controller, with the rotation of each joint.

Now when you rotate the root left or right, the tail automatically follows =)

www.lazkani.com/temp/tail_move.ma (http://www.lazkani.com/temp/tail_move.ma) (example) Not sure if you have Maya or Not? Maybe some with 3D Studio can convert it into a format you can use...

Hope this helps, explore set drivens and connection editor for sure to help you with your needs....

CGTalk Moderation
02-10-2007, 02:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.