PDA

View Full Version : portfolio + demo reel

kiwi123
02-25-2003, 08:54 AM
Hi everyone,

This is actually my first post in the CG-talk Lightwave message board. But I would like to show the stuff I did in LW in the past couple of ...hmmm... almost 9 years now.... :D
home.wanadoo.nl/wiek/ (http://home.wanadoo.nl/wiek/)

Please let me know what you think....

By the way, I am looking for work at the moment..... :hmm:

Greets,

wgreenlee1
02-25-2003, 09:07 AM
Well i would say by the looks of your talent you shouldnt be long from getting back to work!

Very good stuff!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

takkun
02-25-2003, 09:19 AM
I love the knight rider animations! That's a great demo reel, good luck finding work-- have you checked out the flay.com job postings?

kiwi123
02-25-2003, 11:28 AM
Thanks for compliments !

Yeah I check FLAY every day ! Flay ROCKS !!! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:
It's just a shame it isn't updated more.

PHILL_JAMES2000
02-25-2003, 11:38 AM
WOW! excellent work!

I'm just going to chain myself to my computer for a few years...

RobertoOrtiz
02-25-2003, 06:04 PM
You work is really good.

Good porfolio.

-Roberto

AndrewBlodgett
05-22-2003, 05:48 PM
The website appears to be down -- is there anywhere else we can see your work?

kiwi123
05-22-2003, 06:05 PM
Oh sorry, forgot about that. The new website is:
www.luijken.com

Thanks for having a look !
:beer:

kiwi123
05-22-2003, 06:07 PM
And another update, I've found work in the meanwhile. Meant moving to the UK, but hey, as if the weather is any worse...
:D

What a shame I get so few replies on my post... :hmm:

ambassador
05-22-2003, 06:57 PM
while I can see skill in the work I would have liked to see some more interesting pieces, other than the basic cars, heads and girls, especially from someone with 9 years behind them:wip:

very interesting photos

kiwi123
05-22-2003, 07:12 PM
Yeah, you're absolutely right !

In my defense though, most of the girls/heads were either made a long time ago when few others did heads, or were for paying customers. Same goes for the cars, mostly jobs for my work (for which you get so little time it always ends up being a rush job... :scream: ).
Unfortunately I don't have much time to work on my own things, and if I do, I can't seem to focus long enough to finish it. Takes so much energy and then it's easy to be inspired by something else and just move on. I have too short an attention span to work on projects which take months when you have a few hours in the evenings.

But I guess I needed a good wake up call.... my next project will be something different and original...I promise :)
But first I.....have.....to......finish......my......MIG15.....hhhhhhrrrggg...and the parrot (which seems a bit more original) and my cartoonish girl (the avatar picture) and ......

o yeah, did I mention I always end up doing too many projects..?

AndrewBlodgett
05-22-2003, 08:21 PM
:applause: I have now been to the site you posted -- very nice.

- I must admit I am most inspired/interested in your "cartoonish girl (the avatar picture)" --- could you post some more pictures of her - please :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.