PDA

View Full Version : Dominance War II: monkeybeach

monkeybeach
02-06-2007, 05:05 PM
So.. The war is on! I'm going for a kind of techno-Cthulhu theme, with tons of bronze and obsidian and stuff. I'll be posting some first sketches later tonight hopefully... I woke up in the middle of last night and penned down this weirdo ninja monster with dragonfly wings and stuff.. I just have to decipher it to see if it was as good as I thought it was :)

monkeybeach
02-06-2007, 11:14 PM
http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/9797/firstdraftli1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Ack. Didn't quite have the time to finish this image today, but I'll post it anyway, since most of the stuff is in there. He looks kind of Sandman (if there was an Action Sandman TM) now that I think about it.. I was going to put a beating heart in the outstretched hand, but perhaps some sand of time, to strengthen the "Ancient" theme might be nice...

As for weapons, I think some kind of staff or glaive would be cool and ancient-ish.. With some included firepower of course. A whip might work too; like "I'm ancient and mighty, and I'll just go ahead and whip you and your CG buddies into submission"..

I have this great idea for incorporating the CGS logo on his back... His wings are meant to be attached to some kind of flying device, think jetpack, and if you tip the CGS thing on its side, it looks kind of like folded fly wings... So I'll work in there somehow.

System404
02-07-2007, 12:47 AM
wow that's looking cool. Has an old ancient god feel to him. I definetly see him as something an ancient race would fear and worship. The bug like appearance really gives him an unsettling look(in a positive way.)

coCoKNIght
02-07-2007, 01:45 AM
Awesome concept! Good you're at our side :D

monkeybeach
02-09-2007, 10:14 PM
There, I slapped on some wings... I haven't had much time to spend on this yet, luckily I'm a much faster modeller than concept artist :)

EvilBlah
02-09-2007, 10:47 PM
hey monkeybeach! this concept is looking fantastic! I dig all the little design work you put on his armor! a slight crit though would be his ears. i think they are a little tall. if you toned them down a little i think the rest of the design would flow a little smoother...

uh, just my two cents! i dig the concept either way!! keep up the good work and I can't wait to see what else you will do with this shadow warrior!!

-bair

monkeybeach
02-10-2007, 07:57 PM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3954/helmetstudyfz5.jpg

Imageshack is full of love today :) Anyway, here's a little closer look at the helmet... I tried a new style for the ears...

VortexCA
02-11-2007, 01:43 AM
that is AWESOME monkeybeach! I love it, he looks powerful and evil!!!

Uiop
02-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Looks promising, I am rally looking forward to seeing the model:thumbsup:

hakanpersson
02-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Thats on Ancient bad-ass shadow, green light for this one:) Looking forward for the rest. But the model is not going to be simple, if you going to take the highpolymodeling really serious.

best luck

/Håkan

monkeybeach
02-12-2007, 08:28 PM
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/6647/helmetti1.jpg

A helmet... Lowpoly on the right, 2X smooth on the left. The head will be 1080 triangles (minus tentacles), which is about on par... Everything's going on track except for the smoke rising from my computer. One or more of the fans appear to not be doing what they should, because it smells like burning plastic in here, and my head hurts.. :)

Robert-Fletcher
02-12-2007, 08:52 PM
wow this is a real contender allready :D nice work.

windigo
02-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Great concept, kind of bug-meets-squid. Looks great, keep it up!

ReflectingAbyss
02-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Wow - nice concept. I was thinking about something like this- the idea of having buglike eyes would be good for stealth, a sleek body, ect.
Bravo.

Uiop
03-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Where is the progress? Concept looked so promissing, keep on working:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
03-18-2007, 10:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.