DrFx
02-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Right... here we go!!!

For Honor!
For Glory!
For the Society!!! :buttrock:

DrFx
02-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Alright, here we go... Been short on time and presumably will be for the duration of the Dominance War, so to finish my entry will be a victory in and of itself!
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/7182/shadowbladebowll1.jpg
I'm posting a concept of the weapon first (the character will be alien, no good sketches yet).
I want the weapon to be a really versatile one, to handle most stealth situations. I call this a "Bladebow", because it can transform from a double sword to a crossbow, to a spear and to an axe. My character's strict code of honour forbids "it" to carry any firarms, so the weapon with the most range will be the crossbow variation. The spear/staff variant will allow it to fire small plasma bolts from the bladebow. The axe and the two swords are both melee weapons, the axe being the more powerful (but slower) one.
I also want to include a small knife, a shuriken and an arrow bag later... oh and of course the character itself! :blush:

DrFx
02-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Hi all! Sorry for a long time without any updates, I've been busy with another contest!
Anyway here's a sketch of the character I'm planning on doing: He/she/it is alien and will fight for the society as a saboteur and assassin (therefore, stealth). It's race is a highly developed predator mix of humanoid and insect hailing from a desertic and torrid planet where survival is no easy task: it's called "Kagha Niss" , which means "godforsaken rock" in its native language.
The Khaganissians are the dominant species in their planet and are distinguishable from other humanoids in this galaxy by their tough segmented carapace, which adopts colour and texture from the environment as camouflage. It is not an exoskeleton, since the Khaganissians are vertebrate, but it has warranted the species' survival in some cyclical severe draughts.
Another remarkable characteristic is that when sensing danger, they retract their fully articulate head so that the head's carapace is flush with their trunk, making them less vulnerable to outside attacks.
There are also several spikes throughout the body surface which may conceal themselves between the edges of the segments.
Their hands and feet have two pairs of opposable fingers, making easy work of using human tools and weapons. They generally abhor fire and laser weapons, preferring blades and spring projectiles such as bows, as they regard any disparate advantage to them as a dishonourable act.

Again, this is very primary, but it's the general idea I'd like to pursue. Enjoy!

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1696/shadowsketchdg1.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2007, 10:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.