PDA

View Full Version : New to Max

disconnected
02-06-2007, 04:16 PM
O.K. so I have never used this program before. Adapting to CS2 and really don't want to annoy anyone one here, so If I am I appologize.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to just get started?

Can you draw your own models or do you have to create it through 'bones, skins etc?'

I am really interested in it and everyone has to start somewhere so I come to you my friends. I appreciate anything that is offered. Thanks

Shawn
I am very good @ drawing on the computer i.e. creative (good is up to ones own taste I expect). So I just wanted to add that, that I'm not coming in here as a blind artist, just to this program.

sconlogue
02-06-2007, 04:42 PM
At this stage in your "education" I would suggest you do what we have all had to do. Go through the tuts and Documentation that comes with Max first, then start asking questions. For getting started the documentation is pretty good. It's only in the advanced features, workflow and optimization that the Max documentation really falls down. Once you have a basic understanding of the interface and concepts involved in creating, animating and rendering basic geomtry you will then find the forums helpful. Before that we won't have much to offer.

Good luck!

disconnected
02-06-2007, 05:04 PM
hey thanks, yea I couldn't agree more. I am going to get some material to actually sit there and read about this. I am sure that's the best way to get started with it. Thanks for the f.b.

octopus7
02-13-2007, 09:55 AM
I know how you feel mate! i'm new to the program as well and it's a shock when you see just what it can do, there are many excellent tutorials out there though. And that's what i'm doing, working off tutorials and then trying my own work. I have a headful of cool ideas and i'll be glad once i've got MAX fully sorted out.

CGTalk Moderation
02-13-2007, 09:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.