PDA

View Full Version : Baking Textures

NeptuneImaging
02-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Hi, I am having a hell of time trying to bake textures in XSI. Although I get the idea about Rendermapping, I still don't understand why it would render the hotspots of the scene lights. What i want to know is how do I just render the procedural textures with ONLY diffuse? I spent all last night setting this up and while the results are fantastic, i don't want hotspots in the texture.

I started off by baking a DGS surface in the rendermap, thinking my procedural would only be present, but it rendered EVERYTHING. And now I am doing a rendermap with a constant shader applied, but I still get hotspots from the scene lights.

Any help will be well appreciated... thanks.

Rens
02-06-2007, 01:19 PM
What do you mean by hotspots?
In RenderMap -> Basic tab -> Map, try selecting Surface Color only (albedo). Constant shouldn't render specular nor illumination so if that doesn't work then this probably won't either.

Post a picture if this isn't it.

NeptuneImaging
02-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Hey Rens, here is the problem that I am having...and this is an albedo map...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/JamesRayder2026/StuccoBumpMap.jpg

this is supposed to be a constant shaded surface with a procedural on it... i think the Physical Lights are causing the issues...I have had to unplug the DGS Shaders completely and save a preset so I can keep my procedural settings... IMHO, it is a real pain if you have to do this for MANY objects.... buy any suggestion you have will be good...

NeptuneImaging
02-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Okay, problem solved!! :) I just ended up using the Colour Sampler Shader...

CGTalk Moderation
02-06-2007, 02:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.