PDA

View Full Version : How do I model boots?

Farfalo
02-06-2007, 12:50 PM
How might I go about modeling high-polygon boots? Boots and heads are like the only thing I struggle with in high-poly. I'm not that great going high poly anywhere else but that's why I'm making one so I can get better.

So how do the boots get done? Tips? Tutorials?

dtoxxx
02-07-2007, 07:55 AM
Box modeling would be my decision.
But it's up to the individual.

I never modeled boots before. But if I were gonna, I'd use sub-d's, via box modeling.
I'd also use a symmetry object (sometimes called a mirror object or proxy object) so I could model only 1 boot, but end up with a pair.

Boots and shoes are also prime candidates for using z-brush or mudbox to sculpt in all the fine detail.

That would be my intended workflow for boots->
Start with a box>>add symetry object>>convert to sub-d and refine>>export to z-brush for detailing>>import back into C4D to re-apply the displacement and normal maps>>render in C4D advanced render because I have no other render engine.

Farfalo
02-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Sorry, forgot to mention I used 3ds max. I can still follow the instructions though. Thanks man. :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-07-2007, 12:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.