PDA

View Full Version : Dominance War II: terraarc

terraarc
02-06-2007, 09:19 AM
Hello fellow warriors!! I think I'll give it a shot....
A great opportunity to practise various things I have in mind...

See you soon...

terraarc
02-06-2007, 12:56 PM
I would like to create some sort of ancient mayan,aztec, egyptian shadow. My thought is around an awakened spirit, once fought in the ancient battles, now coming to put everyone in his place...some ancient wrath and wisdom on his face...More like a melee unit with enormous size and gigantic props on him.Below are some first thoughts around the character, more to come soon.
http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/7/2/6/f_conceptscrim_63661ad.jpg

cheers to all :scream: !

terraarc
02-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Background story:

"All mythologies on every planet of the cosmos base their stories in some extraordinary legends of the world creation, the Gods sacrificies, the Gods titan war and all.
All these earthly Gods described there sculpted their planets based on even older stories about ancient gods before planets were created. Those stories speak of creatures beyond imagination and reality.
This fighter comes straight from that era, the archetypal wars among gods long forgotten by gods, never reached a mortal mouth.
He is a tank unit, cleansing the frontlines.Fighting his war long before time was born he managed to win life and order over chaos and non-existence, securing the universe growth as we now know it. His descendants seeded a distant small blue planet.
He is disgusted by the deeds of his star-children that recently awoken him. He doesn't feel any pity at all wasting their useless lifes to restore order to the cosmos he fought for! Those fool younglings! So much wasted flesh and matter in vanity and warfare! They don't know what warfare means!"

So this is his background story and of course the small blue planet is earth :D, giving a hint for his design....some mayan, some egyptian, some greek...maybe! I really like the enormous monoliths of south american culture and plan to incorporate them on him ( no name yet) as enormous shoulder pads! Hopefully coming soon with more concepts!!

Mike

stabbington
02-07-2007, 02:23 PM
hey thar!

liking the backstory you've come up with, very curious to see how you integrate the hieroglyph stylisations into your designs... keep 'em coming!

terraarc
02-08-2007, 01:53 AM
Thanks alot man!

Finally moved a step forward....I decided to go with No3, called him Rhaac ( Ra from Egypt and Chaac from Mayan mythology). Here is a first colors test...something's wrong though!
http://img01.picoodle.com/img/img01/7/2/7/f_Rhaacm_16d1e14.jpg

He is a melee unit, holding two weapons, a hammer and some kind long fat thick stone-spear! Now comes the paradox ( oh muse grant me that right!!) those curvy things on the spear's side work as blades and in combination with the hammer as a tuning fork...:D. Rhaac as an ancient god is supposed to inspire the creation of Zeus, Thor and Chaac due to the hammer and his control over thunders and electricity...

All crits and suggestions are pretty welcomed!!

CGTalk Moderation
02-08-2007, 01:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.