PDA

View Full Version : UVW layout question

Gibbz
02-25-2003, 05:59 AM
ok im seting up my uvw layout for a player model, but i have a fair bit of wasted space, is it best to either leave the uvw for a specific section, say the face for example, as a 1:1 ratio, OR use the space above it and stretch the face up to fill the space but not have a 1:1 ration on the face?

Thanks in advance guys ;)

sadistic
02-25-2003, 06:05 AM
Normally I'd only stretch the inconsequential stuff. If it's only a small stretch then you'll get away with it, but painting squished heads.. or anything requiring detail can be annoying. If it's a complex unwrap, move some clusters around again and you might be able to scale up and fit the gaps properly.

...I try and keep everything important flowing along vertical and horizontal axes too.

Tumerboy
02-25-2003, 01:42 PM
Mostly I try to keep everything in scale with everything else, but when you have space, find something that you know people will be looking at more, like the face, and fill it.

to make things a bit clearer, you won't be stretching the face (i.e. smearing your map) you'll just be scaling it up.

But yes, I think it's fine.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.