PDA

View Full Version : 3 Sided Polys- Can Anyone Help???

marvdogg
02-06-2007, 05:39 AM
Hello, I'm new and exited to be on this board ,and hope to be here awhile. I have been doing a dog model and I have a slight problem. The dog looks good as far as details but I have quite a bit of annoying three sided polys on the back area that don't smooth out correctly, is there a way of fixing this? I've tried to tesselate these polys but it makes it worse. I also tesellate the mesh too much,it looks great ,but it has to many polys.Also, do most 3d max modelers keep on converting the mesh during the modeling phase to access different tools, if not what is the most common way of modeling? I don't know if I've been doing things the hard way but I model using splines on some parts ,such as the legs, and the rest I shape out primatives ,shaping them out and finally tesselating them for more detail(and finally I smooth them out). There's got to be a better fluent way-can someone help??? Thanks ALOT!!! Marvin

jamesbarnes
02-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Try to modell in quads only. 4 sided polys.
And add edge loops around, keeping the modell clean.

kirigoi
02-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Any chance of a screenshot? We might be able to give hints on how to rework the tris into quads if so.

CGTalk Moderation
02-08-2007, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.